El Tranquilo's Fotos.

El Tranquilo

Fuerzas Armadas del República de Colombia.

DSC_0294_1_-2_-3_-4_-5_tonemapped.jpg

El Tranquilo

Expo Foto 2012 began yesterday here in San José. It is being held in the old customs house next to the Iglesia Santa Teresita. They are showing the works of some 50 photographers--the majority from Costa Rica, but some from as far as Uruguay and Poland. Some very impressive stuff.

There are many vendors offering "sales." The reality, however, is that with import taxes, photographic equipment is nearly twice the price as in the states. I looked at a Nikkor 35mm f1.8 "on sale" for $365; you can buy it on Amazon for $199. Guess I'll have to wait until spring, when I visit the states, to do my upgrades. :mad:

DSC_0210-4.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0131-4.jpg

DSC_0138-5.jpg

Last edited:

El Tranquilo

You certainly have one of this site's better understanding of composition. Nice job. :applouse:

I really appreciate the compliment, Ted; but, when I look at the photos of some of the people who have been around here for awhile, I'm truly humbled, wondering if I'll ever have a chance of getting that good. The Expo Foto exhibition here was also full of shots that both inspired and humbled me. But it just makes me want to continue to try to improve. :eagerness: