DT's Project 365 for 2013

DTigga

Day 183

This is my wife's Grandmother; great grandmother to our kids. To everyone who knows her though, she's known as Nana. She turns 90 this year, lives on her own, keeps chickens, chops firewood as well as a million other things I would probably struggle with.

This image is of her taking a much deserved break, after climbing into the chicken coop and collecting 15 chicks. They are in the cardboard box to her left and will be tended by her for several weeks until they are large enough to join the rest in the coop.
Nana Zorka.jpg

DTigga

Day 184

Today we went to the birthplace of Vuk Karadžić (I can just imagine the amazement and awe you must be feeling at the mention of that). Pretty much no one outside of the Serbian culture would have heard of him, but he was a linguist who created the Serbian written language and is held in very high esteem. The complex, which sits on a beautiful green land at the foot of a forest, contains a number of historical buildings, and holds several large festivals each year. There are several water features along the grounds where fresh river water is funneled through.

mountain water.jpg

DTigga

Day 185

Spent the day with the family in the closest city to us, Loznica. Didn't take the camera with me so I had to do with taking a few more sunset shots once we arrived back at the house.

This shot of our backyard was taken with a crop sensor lens on a full frame camera, hence the feeling its through a telescope. I quite liked the black ring border and couldn't bring myself to crop it out.
Through the looking glass.jpg

Ever since arriving, I have been fascinated by this side wall and door, due to the textures. When I saw my father-in-law (left) with a neighbour, having a morning coffee, I thought I'd capture it.
morning coffee.jpg