DT's Project 365 for 2013

DTigga

Hi all.

Sorry I haven't posted for the past week or so. Sometimes life gets in the way :)

Anyways, I will try and catch up.

Day 156
With my wife out of hospital, we thought it would be nice to cut the cake for my Son's birthday tonight, only one day late.
4224906_bchlpq3589_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 157
Went to take a photo of a particular building, but passed this alleyway and thought it was interesting enough to warrant a quick snap. I continued on my way to the intended location, only to realise my battery was dead! No time to get out again so this is the only shot I have of the day.
4228256_cdfgpqsv79_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 159
My eldest had his 4th Birthday party today at a play centre. Whilst everyone was playing, climbing, jumping and running my 2 year old sat at a Daytona video game and pretended he was driving.

Total Concentration
4231762_abcjpqrz18_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 160

We had our nephews come and stay with us for the long weekend. This is a shot of the my son (left) with his two eldest cousins, who have all featured in my 365 project at some time or another.
4240392_gnprvwx256_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 161

When I was a kid, all the play ground equipment was made of steel, had sharp edges, would become skin blisteringly hot in summer and icy cold in winter. Now days, they are all made of industrial strength plastic set upon reconstituted rubber mats to avoid injury.This horse is a reminder of the play equipment of my youth. They have been mounted high up on posts around the playground to dissuade any child from being tempted to use such an archaic form of entertainment :)
4242908_bcdloquy14_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 162

A friend of mine runs a wedding photography business. The person he would usually use to edit his photos was unavailable and he didn't feel confident doing the editing himself. So the he asked me if I would be willing to help, and foolishly I accepted.This is the only photo I got of the day. It's me a couple minutes to 12am... about 4 hours before I finally crawled into bed.
4243079_cdeftuwz67_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 164

Its a few minutes before midnight, its been raining for the last two days straight and I haven't taken a decent photo in what feels like months. This is the view outside at the moment.

For the first time in this project, I'm starting to think I may not make it through to the end. I'm struggling a bit to get motivated and I'm finding it harder to shoot and edit daily. I'm heading with the family to Europe in less than two weeks so perhaps that will rejuvenate me.
4246440_bhostuy578_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 165

We had a work lunch today. The beverage of choice was a pale ale I'd never tried before... not bad.

Apologies for the mobile phone shot but I didn't have a chance to get the dslr out today.

12 Angry Men (at least)
4248755_ejmqstu679_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 166

I've been waiting for my youngest to go to sleep so I can take my daily. He's got a bit of a cold so he's been snoozing a bit during the day. This is probably why its just ticked over midnight and he's still wide awake.

Go the ____ to sleep!!!!!
4251427_agimnoptw0_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 167

Wanted to get a panorama shot. This morning the sun was shining so I jumped in the car and headed to the closest place I could think of with a panoramic view.
4253117_dfhqxyz379_o.jpg

DTigga

Day 168

Ducked out for a walk between rain showers this afternoon. Came across this narrow laneway with a stairway which looked like it was going nowhere. What caught my eye though was the reflection on the adjoining building which made the stairway look double the width.
4256333_amtvx03456_l.jpg

DTigga

Day 169
Since moving offices I now go use a different train station. Every morning I tell myself I will get a shot of the escalators but have chickened out due to the number of people around. This morning I managed to find a few seconds when I had a section to myself.
4258234_abejmpvw46_l.jpg

Last edited:

DTigga

Day 170

It was a super cold this morning, but the sun was shining, in contrast to the last few days so I can't complain. Another shot for my office window. I have a busy day so I doubt I'll be able to get out and take another shot.
4261149_abcjlrz247_l.jpg

DTigga

Day 171

One week to go until we fly out on our family holiday. I took the day off to take my wife for a post-op checkup but also to buy some last minute supplies. After several hours following his parents around a shopping centre, we thought he had earned a 'veg out' on the couch.

not now, I'm playing xbox.jpg

DTigga

Day 172

Walked past this scene on my way home from work tonight. I really wasn't all that happy with it so I played with the contrast, ran it through both Silver and Color Efex, then played with levels until I came up with this.
Still not that happy, but at least its presentable now.

moonrise warehouse.jpg