D7200 the facts

Honestly, now that I think about it, I'm gonna wait and see what reviews say. If it's not a lot better than the D7100 I might just get the D7100 instead for half the price. We'll see.

I am not sure the D7100 will drop in price very much. But there are more D7100 Refurbished ones on the market and those prices are good.

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty $699.95

or

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished with Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - Factory Refurbished $929.95

Nero

That's what I mean, I could get the D7100 and kit lens for about half the price the D7200 and kit lens would be so if the D7200 isn't much better why pay double the price?

It would still be night and day compared to my D3100.

That's what I mean, I could get the D7100 and kit lens for about half the price the D7200 and kit lens would be so if the D7200 isn't much better why pay double the price?

It would still be night and day compared to my D3100.

I have bought several time from these guys all refurbs and have never been disappointed. I bought the D7100 new only because there were no refurbs when I wanted it

paul04

By the time I have worked out all the functions and Settings on my D7100, they will bring out a new camera to replace the D7200 :)

Daz

Honestly, now that I think about it, I'm gonna wait and see what reviews say. If it's not a lot better than the D7100 I might just get the D7100 instead for half the price. We'll see.

This is where I am at, I was looking at getting the 7100 whilst away in Australia in a couple months, I just need the price to be right to get it over the 7200

Daz

This link is from Jessops (uk) prices for the D7200 £939 body only, and £1119 for body and 18-105mm lens.

New From Nikon - Jessops

Hmm so its a case of seeing if the D7100 drops in price for me then, Although if the 7200 does stand at £939 I cant see the D7100 dropping any lower than £700 body only

Edit, Ive just looked around and there are places selling the 7100 for just under £600 hmm decisions decisions !!

Last edited:

§am

Current lowest price I can see (UK) is £747 for the D7100 body only.

£939 for the D7200 body only (though Jessops have never been the lowest on price).

With the Photography Show coming up in <3 weeks, that will be a good time to get some good hands on with the new body and decide.
Hopefully some of the sellers there will have a decent promotion on to get sales going, or to rid stock of D7100s

Depends which you're after either way could be a win win situation.

Now all I have to do is figure out, FX or DX!!!

Daz

Current lowest price I can see (UK) is £747 for the D7100 body only.

There are a couple sub £600, I can get a 7100 Body with GST taken off for less than £400 in Australia at todays price (you would think it will drop a little more too when the 7200 comes out) so I think that is where my play is going to go.

£939 for the D7200 body only (though Jessops have never been the lowest on price).

I was thinking that when I was looking at their site !!

Now all I have to do is figure out, FX or DX!!!

I dont see the advantages of going to an FX so ill stick with DX

§am

Interestingly enough, Wex are selling for the same price, and looks like the standard price in the UK at launch will be £939.99
Convert to US$ and that's $~1400, which is $200 more than our friends across the pond!!

Age old problem though, as we get taxed so much here in the UK.

Brother is going NY this year later - might save my pennies until then and get him to get one from Adorama whilst he's over there :D

J-see

The two things i would like the most are related to the lack of decent light we get in the uk,lower light/contrast AF and at least a stop higher with what i call usable ISO,cant work out if it has these or not.

I didn't find a good test showing sensor behavior but they say the D5500 is better in low light and ISO performance so the same should be true for the D7200. Sensor-wise pîxels are identical but performance and noise control is still constantly improved so one stop more is a realistic expectation.

carguy

Just watched Jared's preview - looks like a nice solid camera with improved low light performance. More extras as well.
Nothing I'd dump my D7100 for personally.

It is good to see it priced the same as a D7100 body was @ $1199. They should do well with the D7200

Nikon D7200 Preview | Fro Knows Photo

Last edited: