D. Hopper's 365 of 2015

dh photography

Jan 17: Martini - Inspired by our recent weekly contest winner, Felisek.
DHP_6340.jpg

dh photography

Nice Eagle,do you feel your taming the 500 now.

Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately, not at all. It's still backfocusing more than I can adjust in the D7000's settings. I'm certain it's more of a camera issue with my 7000 having back focus problems with everything, but this one is just too much to fully correct. I'm picking up a Tokina 400mm 5.6 which should arrive in about a week. Hopefully it has much less of that problem. Saving my pennies now to upgrade to a D7100.

mikew_RIP

Honestly, cannot make up my mind on that one. Probably not. Once I have a 7100 I'll be saving up for the Tamzooka. PM me if you're interested in it. :cool:

Think i would need VR too much :D

In all seriousness if Tamron dont come up with a fix i will be looking for a new lens,the word out on the web is they dont have one.

dh photography

Excellent shot! Now... how many times did you have to drop the olive to get it, or are you one of those lucky one-shot blokes? :)

Don't we all just need one shot?!?

LoL!! Yeah, right!! It actually just took a couple to figure out the timing, but it was 15-20 shots while moving the flash around the shop to learn the difference between front, side, back, over, or under and then a combination of over and back bounced off of a white cardboard box reflector. I actually went back for the last combo after sitting down to process a couple that I thought was "it". Huge difference in the end.

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Don't we all just need one shot?!?

LoL!! Yeah, right!! It actually just took a couple to figure out the timing, but it was 15-20 shots while moving the flash around the shop to learn the difference between front, side, back, over, or under and then a combination of over and back bounced off of a white cardboard box reflector. I actually went back for the last combo after sitting down to process a couple that I thought was "it". Huge difference in the end.

The shot we all see is the one that counts....you got the droplets timed perfectly!