cbay's 2015 Journey Along

cbay

One from a few mornings ago. Quite redundant shooting the sun all the time but i really enjoy it. Images are going to change rather quickly with the big gun arriving (Tamron 150-600). We have a very target rich environment for that lens and fits well in what we enjoy - wildlife. Deer pics coming!!!
DSC_0847.jpg

cbay

Managed to get one evening with the Tamron before sending it back. Hoping to get lots of mileage out of this lens and look forward to getting it back.
This old doe has so much expression i can pick her out every time i see her.
DSC_0916.jpg

Our house borders lots of conservation ground where there is a large bedding area on one side of the ridge and is backed by water. The deer leave their beds and make their way out to feed in the evenings and pass right through our yard. It's a very target rich environment for deer with the high numbers we have right now.
DSC_0890.jpgDSC_0891.jpg

cbay

Finally got some snow yesterday. Was really looking forward to shooting various scenes while i did my scouting, but ended up finding out just how difficult it can be to capture all the beautiful snow reflections in the trees. What i was seeing didn't end up showing in the pics. Bracketing and tweaking in ViewNX could not get what i was seeing. Later in the day the side light helped, but still found very few keepers. Had to get away from trying to catch the reflections of snow in the trees and focus on other stuff.
The first probably doesn't appeal to most folks, but for a deer guy and manager of habitat for wildlife this is beautiful.
DSC_0990.jpg
DSC_1036.jpg
DSC_1043.jpg

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Managed to get one evening with the Tamron before sending it back. Hoping to get lots of mileage out of this lens and look forward to getting it back.
This old doe has so much expression i can pick her out every time i see her.
View attachment 140224

Our house borders lots of conservation ground where there is a large bedding area on one side of the ridge and is backed by water. The deer leave their beds and make their way out to feed in the evenings and pass right through our yard. It's a very target rich environment for deer with the high numbers we have right now.
View attachment 140226View attachment 140227

Love your deer pictures!

cbay

I don't know what you're using for pp but i highly recommend Lightroom (of course) and Nik-Tools.
So far just ViewNX2, Figure LR is in the future. Tried Capture and seemed a little complicated, downloaded Lightzone and RT last night and took a peek; they seemed complicated as well. So i guess i need to do some reading. :confused:

Love your deer pictures!
Thank You! They are special creatures.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

So far just ViewNX2, Figure LR is in the future. Tried Capture and seemed a little complicated, downloaded Lightzone and RT last night and took a peek; they seemed complicated as well. So i guess i need to do some reading. :confused:

Lynda.com is $25 a month and they have great videos on the features that LR has....and Photoshop too. You can download and keep the videos and then cancel Lynda after a month, or the free trial. It's a great resource.

Thank You! They are special creatures.

Yes....always loved deer!

cbay

Had to share these from this morning in the yard. It only lasted for a few minutes so i raced out and got a few.
DSC_1072_01.jpg

DSC_1077.jpg

DSC_1075.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1073.jpg
    DSC_1073.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

cbay

Glad to have the Tamron replacement arrive today. Since they give you two days if there is something wrong with it, i didn't have much time to put it to the test. Thankfully the deer like our yard and a little corn.
DSC_1105.jpg
DSC_1108.jpg
DSC_1123.jpg

The lens mount is acceptable on this copy and appears good and sharp. Going to take time learning the best method for focusing. Not very comfortable on my hand using the back button for focusing on moving deer, so i may try the shutter button next time. Never used the continuous focus mode before and had mixed results with it using a single focus point. Lots to learn.

cbay

Tried to piece together some video clips tonight. First try at it, but i am pleased with the quality of the camera and lenses.

cbay

great VDO, and what I like is the music which is very relaxing and very suitable for this VDO
Thank You!
I set up a youtube account yesterday and noticed they had free music downloads there so i grabbed a few and just gave it a try. This video stuff is going to be fun as the weather gets better and our activities pick up. ;)