Carguys weekly contributions

carguy

Panning - Round Two
My second attempt at panning today at a local track. Met up with a local photographer for some great tips. I FINALLY made the switch to Back Button Focus :)
Dug up this page on my phone, onthe cold rainy platform: Nikon D7100 - Back Button Focus

D7100 / Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC

Panning at Waterford Hills by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Last edited:

carguy

My son wrapped up his Spring hockey season last night with his usual smile and putting two pucks in the back of the net. I love watching and being able to shoot his games :)

D7100
Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC

carguy

Well, hockey has wrapped up for the summar. I'm shooting the X100 & 35mm film for the most part recently.

A few from the X100 from June 28th downtown Detroit

carguy

Took another dig at panning this past weekend. Only two keepers lol
Tried going down to 1/30 and got a bit frustrated lol. I need to start at 1/100 again and work my way down

D7100 / Tamron 70-200mm VC
1/60, f11, ISO 100

carguy

Outside of occasional street shooting, not much going on in August.

I've been carrying the X100 almost daily, upgraded to a black X100T this week however :) Great little cameras.

X100

Oakland University

Meadowbrook Hall
Rochester, Michigan

carguy

Had some summer film processed recently, I really like this shot of my daughter and her Instax camera from May 2017Nikon F3/T, 50mm f1.8, Portra 160

carguy

My son returned to the ice last week for another season, this time with a Travel team - he is so exceited.
I dusted off the D7100 and 70-200 and grabbed a few shots during the first scrimmage of the season (seems like forever).

carguy

9/24/17 to 1/18/18 Oops....

It's freezing here in SE Michigan, other than sports, not much for me to shoot due to my life schedule.

January 7th:

January 6th:

January 15th - X100T
Henry Ford Museum