Carguys weekly contributions

carguy

Outdoor Spring soccer returns!

D7100 / Tamron 70-200 VC
1/2500, ISO 200, F4

DSC_9461-XL.jpg

DSC_9473-XL.jpg

carguy

September, January, April - so much for 'weekly' - I'll try to keep this updated going forward :)

Good news is I've been shooting, working and learning which has kept me for posting.

Had a few nice days in February to walk about downtown Detroit with the Coolpix A, here is the new M1 Rail transportation system due to open in May 2017. I was in Toronto recently and these are identical cars.

M1Rail QLine testing along Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

A new restaurant took over a void in Campus Martius Park in the heart of downtown

PARC restaurant in Campus Martius Park, Detroit, Michigan by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

carguy

I've been trying to work on my Street Photography. Usually with Electro 35 GSN (40mm), Nikon F3 or FE2 and the 50mm or 28mm prime glass.
It's more about moving out of my comfort zone really. I have three recent rolls of 35mm ready for processing.

Here are a few examples from March 2017

GSN

Downtown Detroit by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Working on the street photos by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

F3/T & 50mm

Food Trucks return to Campus Martius by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Food Trucks return to Campus Martius by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

carguy

When you are working on your OCF setup and the kids won't help out - I feel I look much better behind the camera :)

I picked up two Westcott Rapid Boxes (10" x 24" strip), had them in front at 45 degree angles.
A speedlight was behind me making the gray wall white.
Nikon D7100 & 85mm f1.8G

Read more: https://nikonites.com/portrait/39213-headshot.html#ixzz4eLgOcsJQ

New lighting gear test - Westcott Rapid Boxes by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

New lighting gear test - Westcott Rapid Boxes by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

carguy

Lately as in the past couple of months, I've been absorbing quite a few videos on Street Photography. So much that I caught the Fuji X bug... Over this past weekend I thought about selling off one Nikon SLR and my Coolpix A to pickup a nice used X100S. The more I researched and thought about it, I grabbed the Coolpix A from my bag yesterday and hit the street during lunch. I usually shoot the film cameras at lunch, but from what I've been reading about the X100S & X100, the Coolpix A should really hang right up there with them.

I changed a few settings to better accommodate what I was after and grabbed a few nice shots yesterday. The bug bitehas been healed and I have new appreciation for my truly pocketable Coolpix A :)

This camera is so small and innocent looking, I went un-noticed. Held at gut level for most shots (not all).

Detroit Street Photography by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

Your order is ready by Joe Lopez, on Flickr

The apple by Joe Lopez, on Flickr