Can I attach an old nikon 200mm macro lens?

Eye-level

Banned
Oh I will give you one of the following...yours...for free...

1) Nikon Series E 50mm/1.8 first version

or

2) Nikkor Q 135/2.8

Take your pic. Pun intended. PM your address. Now if you live in fricking France or something it might be different.

Eob

Promaster is kind of a sub-3rd party reseller, some accessories are actually pretty good and made by the major brands (some of their filters are Hoya) and some stuff is just junk. As far as lenses, I doubt they are of much value.

I guess I assumed it was nikon since it was attached to one, googled it, and thought it was worth $1300. Whoops!

stmv

sounds like a nice lens,, a nikkor 200 mm f4 micro,, AI or AIS,,, and like stated shoud be able to connect up,, in manual mode. no metering, etc, why you cannot connect is a bit of a mystery.

Eye-level

Banned
STMV...reread the thread...it is not a Nikkor...it does mount the FM but perhaps it is damaged or it isn't working within the tolerances of her 3100...we are advising her to steer clear sir. :)

Eva good luck with your class and please don't be shy about getting on here and posting and asking questions...maybe we can help you to be prepared good and well for your class! :)

Eye-level

Banned
Can I attach a 135/2.8 non Ai to my 3000/5000 D40 series no built in motor body?

Eva picked the 50 so she gets it and the challenge of manual focus! :)

So whoever owns a 3000/5000 D40 series no built in motor body and calls dibs and PM's me your address first...I will mail the 135 Canon killer to you...including hard lens case...Ai required bodies please do not apply. :)

LouCioccio

Take a look here: Nikon Lens Compatibility It all depends.
Here is an image (grand daughter) taken with a 43-86mm Nikkor Ai lens that I put on a D7000. Everything is manual. I cropped it but exif should be there. F/11 at 1/60 ISO 320 manual focus.
DSC_9280.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Well I got a truck a few months ago so the budget is limited sir. But I am fixing to dump a bunch of stuff on the bay and I am going to go in one of a few directions. Get just a lens and keep the 5000, get rid of the 5000 and no new lens and either a Fuji or a 5100 to replace it, and the long shot is a 5200 which I may just hold off for a little while longer and wait for. Sort of depends what I realize from the stuff I am baying. If I go with the Fuji I have to start all over on the lenses so I think the Fuji is ruled out this year (I'm not converting my non Ai's that match my film camera).

I'm sending the 50 Series E to our new member Eva and if someone doesn't claim the 135 by the time I leave for the post office this afternoon she is going to get it too. I'm keeping the 28 and the 105 and I will never part with the F2.