Blacktop's project 365, better late then never thread.

Blacktop

Took a drive out to North Carolina Sunday.

_DSC4035_.jpg

Cherohala-.jpg

Cherohalla-.jpg

Cherohalla--2.jpg

Cherohalla--3.jpg

Blacktop

My last shot of 2014. Thanks to all who came, saw and liked. I hoped you all enjoyed my 365 for the past year. This is for you.
RIP, George.

Last shot2014--2.jpg

Blacktop

Last edited:

Blacktop

Re: Blacktop's journey with photography and a song.

I thought you were going to run 2 365 threads, lol

I wish I had the time to run 2 or 3. Since I'm going to try the 365 for 2015 and try to post every day, I didn't want the added time to having to come up with a song every day.
This thread won't be every day, but mostly on my days off, so I have time to tweak the shots and add the songs.

Plus I'm doing the 52 thing as well.

Last edited:

Blacktop

Bringing in the new year with this set. Lets hope 2015 will be an Easy Ride.

_DSC4452_Edit.jpg

_DSC4445-Edit-2.jpg

_DSC4436-Edit.jpg

Blacktop

Great way to start. Can't go wrong with nice shots and a little Jim in the background!!

I just went through this whole thread to see if I improved any, plus had to fix a few youtube videos and noticed that you've been following this from the beginning. Thanks!

dh photography

I just went through this whole thread to see if I improved any, plus had to fix a few youtube videos and noticed that you've been following this from the beginning. Thanks!

Been my pleasure. Don't know about what you saw, but I saw a lot of growth over the year. Really looking forward to what the new year will bring. Keep up the good show!

Lawrence

I just went through the whole thread again too and the improvement is remarkable - the pedal went to the floor aroundAugust September and never let up from then onwards.
Some truly amazing photos in this thread particularly your landscape shots which have depth and are almost 3 dimensional.

Blacktop

Thanks @Lawrence. I think I've made a change after I came back from the Louisiana trip. I was disappointed the way my images came out, and pretty much blamed it on the D300's not so great high ISO performance.
Which is the reason I got the 7100. Knowing what I know now about taking a photo and post processing, (which is not that much but more than 6 months ago) I can now see that it was not the camera that was my problem.
I'm still glad I got the 7100, but I believe that I could do a much better job with the D300 today.

Blacktop

And it's good old country comfort in my bones
Just the sweetest sound my ears have ever known
Just an old-fashioned feeling fully-grown
Country comfort's in a truck that's going home

Cleveland,TN area--2.jpg

Cleveland,TN area--3.jpg

Cleveland,TN area--5.jpg

Cleveland,TN area--6.jpg

Cleveland,TN area--7.jpg

Last edited: