BlackRapid strap clones - Focus & Fotasy

Bill16

Just from what you just said, I'd be worried and wouldn't have rated it so high buddy. When you saw the stitching, and expected to have to strengthen it is what I'm talking about. That would lower it at best to a B in my book. Because trusting your judgment in your first thoughts after examining it, would still be the ones I'd follow if I was you. The stitching might hold a very long time, or all of a sudden give way and your Nikon ends up in pieces.

Like I said I'd trust your first judgment and better safe than sorry buddy. :)

I've had my Fotasy strap for about a week now, and am so far very pleased. The build quality seems to be much higher than I expected (I examined the stitching very closely and expected to have to strengthen it myself). I have used both the tripod mount attachment and small heavy ring at the neck strap mount. Both worked very well. I'd still be more comfortable with the tripod mount for any serious walk about use. Give it an A so far.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Just from what you just said, I'd be worried and wouldn't have rated it so high buddy. When you saw the stitching, and expected to have to strengthen it is what I'm talking about. That would lower it at best to a B in my book. Because trusting your judgment in your first thoughts after examining it, would still be the ones I'd follow if I was you. The stitching might hold a very long time, or all of a sudden give way and your Nikon ends up in pieces.

Like I said I'd trust your first judgment and better safe than sorry buddy. :)

I think he means before he got it he expected to have to modify it somehow to make it stronger. No?

dh photography

Yessir. That was definitely my "before" feeling! I figured that the stitching would have been the weak link if it had one. I was pleasantly surprised to see very consistent stitch patterns and thickness.

I carried it around again today a little while holding my D7000 and the beastly 80-200 2.8 without a single worry. I'll keep a close eye on everything for the next few months just to be sure; but expect it to perform as it should.

Elliot87

I've just been looking at the focus strap again on Amazon. The same seller has two versions of it advertised at different prices, one for nikon and one for canon. I really can't see any difference in the description and the images are the same, so I'm assuming they're going to be identical but I'm not sure. Here are the links.

Camera Neck Shoulder Sling Strap Belt for Canon 5d III: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Anti-slip Sling Shoulder Belt Neck Strap for Nikon: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Also does this look like the same focus strap others have talked about in this thread? I've also just noticed as I type this that it's dispatched from China and the seller has only 87% feedback. Not sure that I would order from them anyway with that in mind.

egosbar

im using the quick rapid for about 15 dollars , i check it before i carry all the time and i havent had a problem , looks pretty well made , imo i think the black rapid gear is overpriced