Better Than Georgia O'Keeffe Photographic Representations of O'Keeffe's Paintings

Lawrence

These flowers are Lovely. Do you have a studio to be able to shoot these so well? What is your set up?
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Georgia O'Keeffe inspired photography :)

These were real live flowers growing int he hothouse at our local botanical gardens. having the control of a studio would be awesome.
The difficulty is getting in a position where there is mimimum background clutter. Post processing helps with that too :)

RON_RIP

These were real live flowers growing int he hothouse at our local botanical gardens. having the control of a studio would be awesome.
The difficulty is getting in a position where there is mimimum background clutter. Post processing helps with that too :)
I agree that controlling the background is one of the toughest aspects of floral photography and portraits too for that matter. Cluttered backgrounds can ruin an otherwise good photo. Sometimes in my haste to photograph a flower I do not take enough time in resolving that aspect. It was easier for Georgia, she just painted in the background she wanted.:)

Lawrence

Sorry but it has been doing nothing but raining so all I can do is process photos.

Georgia O'Keefe Orchid 100_0568 copy.jpg

RON_RIP

Glad to see they finally told you where this thread is.

Great shot Lawrence.
Yeah, we thought he might have some potential but what are we going to do with a fellow that won't go out and shoot photos just because there is a little rain? He needs to follow you around Marilynne. You folks get some serious rain. And stay out of harms way this weekend. Hope you have a good place to bunker down.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, we thought he might have some potential but what are we going to do with a fellow that won't go out and shoot photos just because there is a little rain? He needs to follow you around Marilynne. You folks get some serious rain. And stay out of harms way this weekend. Hope you have a good place to bunker down.

Yes, we've been having quite a bit of rain even before this storm.

I'm hanging out in the basement at the hospital where Chris worked before he retired six years ago. He's actually doing some freebie work for them today.

Lawrence

Sounds pretty bad weather. Hope all are ok.

As for going out in the rain to shoot - I'll leave that to the likes of @RON and will look at your photos. :)

Earlier this morning there was an eerie silence as it stopped raining for 5 minutes

RON_RIP

Sounds pretty bad weather. Hope all are ok.

As for going out in the rain to shoot - I'll leave that to the likes of @RON and will look at your photos. :)

Earlier this morning there was an eerie silence as it stopped raining for 5 minutes
So, how many photos did you get in that 5 minutes? It is due to rain here tomorrow evening so I will go out shoot a couple for you.

RON_RIP

Yes, we've been having quite a bit of rain even before this storm.

I'm hanging out in the basement at the hospital where Chris worked before he retired six years ago. He's actually doing some freebie work for them today.
Sounds like a safe enough place but i hope the food is better than in the hospitals up here. I caught the tail end of a Hurricane in South Florida back in the Eighties. We were driving out to the Tamiami Trail to ride an airboat. When we finally got out there the airboats had filled with water and were sunk by the pier.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Sounds like a safe enough place but i hope the food is better than in the hospitals up here. I caught the tail end of a Hurricane in South Florida back in the Eighties. We were driving out to the Tamiami Trail to ride an airboat. When we finally got out there the airboats had filled with water and were sunk by the pier.

Lunch sucked, but we had Italian Wedding soup and chocolate pudding for dessert at suppertime.

RON_RIP

Thanks Lawrence. In camera color sketch, then played with it in ViewNX2 until I got the look I liked.
Well, I did not know there was an in camera way to do this. I do know that your selective color photos are a very artistic rendering of an otherwise plain photo and that I cannot help but think that is certainly one way to define artistic endeavor. Anytime we are forced to look at something in an entirely new light our horizons are expanded, and that is what Art is all about. Georgia spent her long and illustrious career doing just that and we are all the richer for it. Welcome to the thread Marilynne.
You might want to do a more in depth tutorial on you selective color technique.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I did not know there was an in camera way to do this. I do know that your selective color photos are a very artistic rendering of an otherwise plain photo and that I cannot help but think that is certainly one way to define artistic endeavor. Anytime we are forced to look at something in an entirely new light our horizons are expanded, and that is what Art is all about. Georgia spent her long and illustrious career doing just that and we are all the richer for it. Welcome to the thread Marilynne.
You might want to do a more in depth tutorial on you selective color technique.

Thanks Ron!

I do selective color in camera also and then process in ViewNX2 pushing the sliders one way or the other until I find what I like.

Is that in depth enough?