adding image to post issue

Carroll

Grayed out on me yesterday, and I tried the "Click on the "A/A" in the upper left corner, and magically, it started working....or, it could be that when the cat jumped up and stepped on my keyboard, *that* could have done it. Not sure which key he hit...

Eyelight

Anyone try this? ​What browsers and versions of the browser?

I did without effect.

It seems to come and go with no common reason. The only thing that seems consistent is once the uploader pops up, you can cancel it and pop it back up over and over and it works. But then navigate to a new thread and it's hit or miss again.

It doesn't hang Firefox completely. You can still access the Firefox toolbars and menus. What it does is freeze the Nikonites menus and links. Nothing is click-able until the window is reloaded.

Horoscope Fish

I don't know if this helps but when I toggle the WYSIWYG editor button, the icon for inserting an image goes from active to inactive. The button is active when using the WYSIWYG editing mode, but the button goes grey when I switch out of that mode. Not the whole page, mind you, just the icon labeled "Insert" when you hover your cursor on it.

Using Firefox v34.

nikonpup

this worked for me, i was able to post to gallery then go to a thread and use "my photos" to post image.
I had checked that firefox and flash where up to date, cleared cashe, ran my virus software, deleted temp files still grayed out the screen when insert clicked

BackdoorArts

Anyone try this?

​What browsers and versions of the browser?

Been having a problem since yesterday. FF 34.0.5 with updated Flash.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I cannot upload a photo when I post a reply, either in the quick reply or in advanced editing, but if I edit the post afterwards I can upload the photo.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I may have to revert to the previous version of the editor. Unfortunately that version has other issues with other browsers, but maybe not as annoying as this one. Man I wish vbulletin made this editor portable, but that would make too much sense. They are using the latest version of it in their latest version, but vbulletin 5 is a steaming load.

Eyelight

Might have a workaround.

The uploader in the Attachment Manager will allow multiple uploads, but you have to select one and then browse again to select another by clicking the + sign in the uploader dialogue.

I'll do some screen shots and a few can try and see if it don't fail.

Attachments

• 141116__DSC3793_1000.jpg
    141116__DSC3793_1000.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 141116__DSC3785_1000.jpg
    141116__DSC3785_1000.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 31

Eyelight

OK. WIll these be inline or attached?? Inline, good. Gimme a minute to add some text.

This is a little clunky, but has worked every time so far.

First click Go Advanced

Go Advanced.JPG
Scroll down and click Manage Attachments
Manage Attachments.JPG
Click Add Files
Add Files.JPG

Click Browse which will let you select one file/photo. If you need more then.....
Browse.JPG

Click the + sign left of the Upload button

Plus.JPG

Then click the Browse next to "No file selected"

Browse2.JPG

Click upload and the images will pop into the Attachements window. Then click Insert Inline and then Done.
Insert INline.JPG

Last edited:

Michael J.

OK. WIll these be inline or attached?? Inline, good. Gimme a minute to add some text.

This is a little clunky, but has worked every time so far.

First click Go Advanced

View attachment 129558
Scroll down and click Manage Attachments
View attachment 129559
Click Add Files
View attachment 129560

Click Browse which will let you select one file/photo. If you need more then.....
View attachment 129561

Click the + sign left of the Upload button

View attachment 129565

Then click the Browse next to "No file selected"

View attachment 129564

Click upload and the images will pop into the Attachements window. Then click Insert Inline and then Done.
View attachment 129562

This is the way I do it now. Is O.K. but I liked the other way more