Rocky's Quadcopter "Stuff"

Ruidoso Bill

Bought a different bracket to hold a small tablet, looks pretty good and I think I paid $10.00 from China.

20160411_165539[1].jpg20160411_165607[1].jpg

Ruidoso Bill

Desperately need a sun shade, I spend more time trying to see what the monitor is displaying than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ruidoso Bill

Did some more video, I photographed this property on Wednesday, did a little drone time also.

A Little windy, I'm still to fast on the rotating, but this is fun.

SteveL54

Hi Pat. I've been following this thread, but I've had very little flight time due to my surgery and bad weather. I've take a few videos, and I'm really enjoying the P3S.
What do you use to process your vids? Even though I have my camera set to mp4, windows viewer freaks out - i just get green screen.
I have to go to Movie Maker, let it process through there, then save as a....mp4...., then it plays fine. I just add fade in, fade out and occasionally music.
Can't play if I load that ittby-bitty micro SD into the computer. Am I missing something?

RockyNH_RIP

Did some more video, I photographed this property on Wednesday, did a little drone time also.

A Little windy, I'm still to fast on the rotating, but this is fun.

Very nice video Bill!! You are correct on slowing the rotation. You can adjust the gain on that so it is logarithmic, slight movement of control is very slow response and then as you move it gradually increases. That will help if you have not adjusted that control yet...

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Hi Pat. I've been following this thread, but I've had very little flight time due to my surgery and bad weather. I've take a few videos, and I'm really enjoying the P3S.
What do you use to process your vids? Even though I have my camera set to mp4, windows viewer freaks out - i just get green screen.
I have to go to Movie Maker, let it process through there, then save as a....mp4...., then it plays fine. I just add fade in, fade out and occasionally music.
Can't play if I load that ittby-bitty micro SD into the computer. Am I missing something?

Hi Steve,
Hope all is better after surgery!! I will have to check when I get home (in Texas for another week +) regarding raw video. I am able to view it direct from the card. I suspect it has something to do with what the default video viewer is for your system. Do you know what program tries to load it? I will have to check mine when I get home, it is Windows 10 on my system.

I do use Movie Maker to actually process my videos I edit the length on mine also by clipping boring areas along with fades and music in there. From there I say the final file as a 1080P.

Pat in Texs (for the time being!)

RockyNH_RIP

Bought a different bracket to hold a small tablet, looks pretty good and I think I paid $10.00 from China. Old guy, eyes fading, need bigger screen.

Very Nice Bill... for some reason, the GOapp will not run on my Verizon tablet. I have another small one, that I should check to see if it works. Does that bracket stay in place on the RC or does it pivot fairly easy?

Pat

john*thomas

A little video I did for a local point of interest. Henderson Hall. They are having a Civil War reenactment in a few weeks which they have asked me to come record for them. We will see how that goes.

john*thomas

Just a quick video that you can set to 4K if you are able to watch it in 4k. We have a 55 inch 4k television and the video is pretty cool on it.

The Big Muskie Bucket......it was pretty windy that day and I am still leery getting very high (250 feet has been my top so far). It was closed so I just took off from the gate.

RockyNH_RIP

A little video I did for a local point of interest. Henderson Hall. They are having a Civil War reenactment in a few weeks which they have asked me to come record for them. We will see how that goes.

Nicely done John... I would love to see what you do for the re-enactment :) ( I love re-enactments by the way)

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Just a quick video that you can set to 4K if you are able to watch it in 4k. We have a 55 inch 4k television and the video is pretty cool on it.

The Big Muskie Bucket......it was pretty windy that day and I am still leery getting very high (250 feet has been my top so far). It was closed so I just took off from the gate.

Cannot view 4k here John... but... It is a pretty nice video in 1080P :)

Pat in GA

RockyNH_RIP

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay... Just recently got back from TX.. My phantom files on the card are MOV and they load fine in my windows 10. It opens in a windows 10 program called Movies & TV. No problems. I do edit in Movie Maker but do not need to before viewing. Have you got any more flight time in??

I hope to get out this week/weekend...

Pat in GA

SteveL54

HI Pat.
Here is my 1st vid from the DJI. I did this a few weeks ago. I haven't had much flying time. Still less than perfect conditions here, and I'm still not feeling all that well. I haven;t even been photographing all that much.. More videos coming. ( hopefully more interesting, and better that this one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65S_fETCRWc