+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Hi there!
    This is Manu Mac, from Sweden. I'm looking for a Hoodman H-CAPD3 Hoodcap LCD to protect my LCD display for my Nikon D3S camera. You can have a look to what I mean in the following link:
    Amazon.com : Hoodman H-CAPD3 Nikon D3 Hood Cap : Camera Lens Hoods : Camera & Photo
    Unlike other Nikon models, the camera was not sold with Dislay/monitor protection and I had to purchase it separately. Unfortunately I lost the one I had and it is impossible to find a new one as the product was discontinued. I'm also interested in a used one/second hand.
    Many Thanks


    › See More: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Bikerbrent's Avatar

    Re: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.
    We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

    Also, you might want to go to
    New Member Introductions

    Introduce yourself to the community! Say Hi
    Brent: Poway, CA
    D7200, D200, F100
    Tokina 12-24mm
    Nikon 18-200mm
    Tokina 28-70mm f2.6-2.8
    Nikon 80-200mm f2.8
    Sigma 150-600mm
    Nikon 50 AF f1.8
    Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro
    Nikon SB800

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    FredKingston's Avatar

  4. #4
    Junior Member

    Re: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Thank-you FredKingston! It seems that they don't ship outside the US. I'm located in Sweden....
    Do you know if hard plastic covers like the ones who used to come along with the D7000, D800, D700, D300s etc. (BM9, BM11 etc.). For a strange reason Nikon decided not to supply such covers with the D3S! actually it could be purchased from Hoodman when I bought my D3s. Of course, Hoodman don't manufacture these anymore!!

  5. #5
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Quote Originally Posted by ManuMac View Post
    Thank-you FredKingston! It seems that they don't ship outside the US. I'm located in Sweden....
    Do you know if hard plastic covers like the ones who used to come along with the D7000, D800, D700, D300s etc. (BM9, BM11 etc.). For a strange reason Nikon decided not to supply such covers with the D3S! actually it could be purchased from Hoodman when I bought my D3s. Of course, Hoodman don't manufacture these anymore!!
    ManuMac, Nikon did away with those plastic screen protectors quite a while ago. My D90 had one, but my D600 and D7100 which were subsequent purchases didn't offer them. So I began using the Vello glass screen protectors which are self-adhesive but can be easily removed (more of a static cling adhesive).

    Unfortunately since Hoodman no longer manufacturers them, you might need to find something else. Maybe ask at some of your local camera dealers? It might not be easy to find something suitable though.
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    My 2021 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  6. #6
    Junior Member

    Re: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Well I wrote to the guys and asked. We'll see.
    Thanks/Like BeegRhob Thanks/liked this post
     

  7. #7
    Junior Member

    Re: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    ManuMac, Nikon did away with those plastic screen protectors quite a while ago. My D90 had one, but my D600 and D7100 which were subsequent purchases didn't offer them. So I began using the Vello glass screen protectors which are self-adhesive but can be easily removed (more of a static cling adhesive).

    Unfortunately since Hoodman no longer manufacturers them, you might need to find something else. Maybe ask at some of your local camera dealers? It might not be easy to find something suitable though.
    Well anyhow it's a kind of weird as the D3s seems to be prepared for these plastic covers. Indeed there are slots around the display (two at the top, and one at the bottom) to lock in a potential plastic cover. Don't know what Nikon was thinking about!? I like these covers because they can be easily removed and locked in again...yes perhaps too easily as I just lost mine!

  8. #8
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Wanna buy Nikon D3S LCD diplay protection

    Quote Originally Posted by ManuMac View Post
    Well anyhow it's a kind of weird as the D3s seems to be prepared for these plastic covers. Indeed there are slots around the display (two at the top, and one at the bottom) to lock in a potential plastic cover. Don't know what Nikon was thinking about!? I like these covers because they can be easily removed and locked in again...yes perhaps too easily as I just lost mine!
    The only other thing I can think of would be to see if there are any camera repair shops in your area. Possibly they have one lying around. Good luck with your search!
    Cindy - D750, D500, D7200
    My 2021 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci







Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •