Z50 and Topaz denoise-AI

BackdoorArts

iMac late 2013 with 8gb RAM and a slow-assed 1tb hard drive. All my picture files live on external hard drives.

I'm on a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GM RAM and it can be a dog on mine as well. I'm this close to using it to justify upgrading, particularly since some keys on my keyboard are starting to miss.

Whiskeyman

iMac late 2013 with 8gb RAM and a slow-assed 1tb hard drive. All my picture files live on external hard drives.

Does it have a user servicable RAM port? If so, I have two sticks of 4GB I can send you. I'd have to check to see exactly what the specs are, but they were replaced with 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3L PC12800 sticks. They went into an iMac 15.1 from 2014, which uses the same RAM as those from 2012-2013.

WM

Whiskeyman

I'm on a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GM RAM and it can be a dog on mine as well. I'm this close to using it to justify upgrading, particularly since some keys on my keyboard are starting to miss.

Jake, Please do yourself a favor and look at the 27-inch iMacs. I used a Windows-based PC until I tried and used a MacBook Pro several years ago and then used the MBP until I tried an iMac. I've used only iMacs since en, except when I'm on the road. The displays are so much better on the iMacs and I've upgraded the RAM on my iMacs myself fairly inexpensively by using RAM from MacSales.com. My iMacs are maxxed out on RAM with one at 32 GB and the other at 64 GB.

If only my photography skills were as good as these machines!

WM

BackdoorArts

"except when I'm on the road"

Those are the words that are currently keeping me from investing in an iMac. That said, if you're talking buying the baseline model and upgrading memory on your own that saves a major wad of change. I could put 128GB of RAM in the latest model for $350 less than Apple charges for half that. Wish upgrading the HD was as simple

Whiskeyman

"except when I'm on the road"

Those are the words that are currently keeping me from investing in an iMac. That said, if you're talking buying the baseline model and upgrading memory on your own that saves a major wad of change. I could put 128GB of RAM in the latest model for $350 less than Apple charges for half that. Wish upgrading the HD was as simple

The key is finding someone other than Apple to swap the HDD. I have several avenues to get this done where I live, but I had to get the word out that I wanted it done. You can do it yourself, but it is a daunting task.

WM

Ironwood

The key is finding someone other than Apple to swap the HDD. I have several avenues to get this done where I live, but I had to get the word out that I wanted it done. You can do it yourself, but it is a daunting task.

WM
I upgraded the HD in my older 27” iMac to a bigger solid state drive. It was a bit daunting to start with, but after watching some utube videos, it wasn’t so hard. Runs good now.