Wedding Shoot

dh photography

Nicely done, David! I LOVE her ring. Would have liked slightly more DOF for it, but it's still a great shot! Thanks for sharing. Since you are using a 35mm-70mm on DX, you will notice a big difference in your field of view using a 24-70mm on FX. You won't be able to get those mid-telephoto views that you currently get with your DX body. Yes, you have definitely reached the point of moving to better gear! ;)

Thanks again, Cindy! FX body is first for sure.

kevy73

This no look thing must be something that does not happen in the UK...so I still don't get it ....we have a policy of if a photo does not flatter the people in it we don't present it ..for me its out. All the other facial expressions are fabulous.

Really? i'd love to know what is flattering about looking up a brides nose (One & One Wedding Photography | Portfolio)... you and I must have severely different idea's of what is flattering to the female form...

Why with wedding photographers is it never possible to have a "discussion" even if its about styles in different countries? why does it always turn into attack and back biting? The Nikon site I moderate I remove all personal attacks and as for this poor One and One bloke you keep associating me with ....Clearly he is not a Nikonites member or he would be complaining.

dh photography

Why with wedding photographers is it never possible to have a "discussion" even if its about styles in different countries? why does it always turn into attack and back biting? The Nikon site I moderate I remove all personal attacks and as for this poor One and One bloke you keep associating me with ....Clearly he is not a Nikonites member or he would be complaining.

I dunno .... maybe because it's not really a discussion when you just matter of factly make your point that the other person is wrong, that the image is rubbish, and your way is the only way. Not necessarily the way to "discuss" a certain subject. But it certainly IS a great way for someone to matter of factly make the determination that you're an arse. Just your few posts here have nearly solidified my determination. Nicely done.

kevy73

Probably because it is you that tends to start these conversations by criticising where criticism isn't required. Your way is the only way that is right any everything else is wrong.

I am a member of numerous photography forums.... I have no issues chatting with styles with other photographers. That is why I am these forums. You tend not to want to discuss styles, you tend to just tell everyone else their style is wrong and that yours is the only way - but mate, I have looked through your webpage... I would disagree with you.

Whats the matter, don't you like the pics that One on One takes?

Last edited:

kevy73

I dunno .... maybe because it's not really a discussion when you just matter of factly make your point that the other person is wrong, that the image is rubbish, and your way is the only way. Not necessarily the way to "discuss" a certain subject. But it certainly IS a great way for someone to matter of factly make the determination that you're an arse. Just your few posts here have nearly solidified my determination. Nicely done.

Agreed. 150%

RocketCowboy

Could be language barriers, but the only attacks and back biting I'm seeing in this thread have been posted by you. If you are seeing the responses from others as personally attacking you, I suggest you consider your own responses before hitting the post button, and decide whether you're contributing to that atmosphere or keeping the tone pleasant and friendly.

PM me directly if this needs to be discussed further, otherwise this thread is back on the subject of Dave's wedding images.

Patrina

Here's a couple more quick edits (when I mention quick edits, I mean no more than 15-20 minutes edit time. I get it to the point that other than needing some final clean up or tweaking, the image concept and style is complete).

One HUGE thing I realized during this last shoot was that my camera/lens set-up is SO terrible for this kind of professional work!! The time for a D750 and 24-70 f/2.8 is here!! No doubt a 70-200 f/2.8 isn't far behind. I was blown away at what I thought my lens performance was compared to how it really performed in the field under these situational conditions.

View attachment 236434

View attachment 236435

View attachment 236436

View attachment 236437
Looks realy great, I like it very much!