Topaz DeNoise practice

Peter7100

ISO 12800 TEST

Fred @FredKingston, your suggestion seems to work very well. Here is a rubbish photo but I was experimenting with noise settings and amazed that 12800 iso seems useable.
ISO12800-clear.jpg

Dangerspouse

Today I purchased Topaz Denoise 3.3 since it was on sale and since I have recently upgraded to a more powerful pc.
Spent a long time watching youtube videos on what is the best workflow process to follow. There seems to be a variety of opinions.
So what does everyone do, assuming of course the photo requires to be put through denoise -

1. RAW file to Lightroom (or other software) make all your changes then export TIFF to Denoise.
2. As above then export a jpeg to Denoise.
3. Start in Denoise then export RAW to LR
4. something else

I should say that I have the Lightroom Desktop (cloud version) which doesn't support plug-ins which is a bit annoying.

Hopefully Fred @FredKingston can help as I think he said he worked on a beta version.
Tom @Dangerspouse, how are you getting on with it?

Hi Peter -

My apologies for not being able to reply sooner.

I'm liking Topaz more and more, the more I use it and refine my technique. Like you with your ISO 128K pic above, the results can be absolutely startling. I'm glad Fred got back to you with an answer - it was very instructive to me as well!

Peter7100

Hi Peter -

My apologies for not being able to reply sooner.

I'm liking Topaz more and more, the more I use it and refine my technique. Like you with your ISO 128K pic above, the results can be absolutely startling. I'm glad Fred got back to you with an answer - it was very instructive to me as well!

Good to see you back posting again Tom and hope all is well with you and your family.

Dangerspouse

Good to see you back posting again Tom and hope all is well with you and your family.

Thank you Peter, and yours as well.

Lol. Took a bit of a spill and tore some cartilage in my knee. Going in for surgery Friday, so I'll be AWOL again until I can walk to the computer once more. Shouldn't be long according to the doc, as it's a minor procedure. Maybe he'll let me take my camera into the operating theater :)

Peter7100

Thank you Peter, and yours as well.

Lol. Took a bit of a spill and tore some cartilage in my knee. Going in for surgery Friday, so I'll be AWOL again until I can walk to the computer once more. Shouldn't be long according to the doc, as it's a minor procedure. Maybe he'll let me take my camera into the operating theater :)

That would certainly allow you to get some interesting pics in hospital LOL.
Good luck and hopefully you will be back running about soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk