Tamron Making Z Lenses

Camera Fun

As I understand, any Tamron made lens has to be somewhat different from the corresponding Nikon lens. So Tamron will not make a 70-200 f2.8, correct? But Tamron could make a 70-200 f4, correct? Or maybe a 70-180 f2.8 or f4, correct? Asking because I would really like to add something like a 70-200 f2.8 and I might be able to do so this spring/summer.
But I'm torn on going ahead with the potential purchase in order to have the lens OR waiting to see if a slightly lower cost option becomes available. Naturally if I proceed with the purchase, something lower cost will come out. If I wait on the purchase, nothing else will come out. 😅

Needa

Challenge Team
As I understand, any Tamron made lens has to be somewhat different from the corresponding Nikon lens. So Tamron will not make a 70-200 f2.8, correct? But Tamron could make a 70-200 f4, correct? Or maybe a 70-180 f2.8 or f4, correct? Asking because I would really like to add something like a 70-200 f2.8 and I might be able to do so this spring/summer.
But I'm torn on going ahead with the potential purchase in order to have the lens OR waiting to see if a slightly lower cost option becomes available. Naturally if I proceed with the purchase, something lower cost will come out. If I wait on the purchase, nothing else will come out. 😅
Speculating which lens Nikon might license to a third party is just that speculation. Not sure even Nikon knows.

Patrick M

the Nikon z 70-200mm f2.8 VR S is quite possibly the best lens Nikon have ever made. It was my goto for a very long time until yje z24-120mm f4 came along.

Clovishound

I ended up with the 24-70 F4 with my Z5. I had to make a price match deal with Best Buy to get it vs the 24-50, but ended up with a smoking deal at the time. I would much rather have had the 24-120, but I don't think it was available at the time, and nobody was selling it as a bundle deal. I currently have a hole in my focal range from 70-200, but there's no way I'm going to spend the money for the 70-200 F2.8, when It's a range I don't use that much. Plus, I have an aversion to changing lenses on the mirrorless system due to the risk of getting something on the sensor. I'm beginning to overcome that bugaboo, but it still has somewhat of a grip on me.