Silhouette Photography

Browncoat

Blocked-View.jpg

"Blocked View"
D300s

Eye-level

Banned
Fascinating photos everyone...this is about as far as I have come with "silhouette photography"...I know what I am going to pick if I ever win a weekly challenge! :)

Silhouette.jpg

KWJams

This is not really supposed to be a silhouette. I took this last winter when it was about -20 below zero and the billowing plumes of steam were back lit by the bright morning sun and I was messing around with the Low ISO option
steam (Custom).jpg

AxeMan - Rick S.

Ken I like this shot, I can't put my finger on what I like about it, but I like it. I have an Ethanol plant on the south side of town, always good for a smoke show any time of the year. I also have a Nuclear Power Plant about 20 miles to the Northeast of me. I can almost drive right up to the cooling towers and shoot. A little leery on doing that when the words Homeland Security starts to ring in my head and I’m standing almost at the base of the towers with a camera. I’ll have to go out sometime and share both for you in my 365.

Last edited by a moderator:

KWJams

Thanks Rick.
Last winter when I posted it on facebook, my son said the same thing, that he liked it but really didn't know why and he was using it as the wall paper on his desktop. Told him if he liked it that much I would send him the full file.
It seems to have a dreary industrial futuristic look, but something isn't right, the colors are reversed -- but then they aren't??? The steam is black but it should be white and it isn't a B & W shot.
The only thing that I can figure out is that like when you hold a turned on flashlight in your hand and you can see red light filtered through your skin.