Post your Milky Way shots

blackstar

I presume the Z6 operates the same as my Z5 in that the interval timer feature will not work with manual mode. If you used a remote shutter release (ie: use the Snapbridge app) you could just keep snapping photos every 20 seconds and try to make a series of 80-100 images. With that many photos to use in a astro-stacking program you would have a Milky Way with all the details of the nebulae. And you can still layer a long-exposure on top and mask it for showing the foreground subject only.

Thanks, Chris. I check z6ii manual for interval timer. It does not say the feature does not work with manual mode, only this: "Exposure smoothing will not take effect in mode M if Auto ISO is set to OFF". I don't know if that's the same case as your z5. AW I have a remote shutter release (wired) to do the sequence shots too (but didn't do it). Unfortunately I don't have an astro-stacking program (hard to find such program free and working with my old mac OSX system). I tried the auto-bracketing shots (x5 with 0.5EV increment) and loaded into Nik HDR app. The outcome is a total disaster! Have no idea why at all!!! AW, I'll continue to find better sites for the MW photo and try again.

blackstar

The last glimpse of the Milky Way this year here in the US.

2022-10-25_19-59-14hdr1sxyz.jpg