Nikon Z6/7 Accessories Recommendations Please!

Patrick M

What do you think about this speedlight - SB-300? Sometimes I need a little fill-flash, but I do not want to haul around SB-800 for that.
i continue to use the SB400 speedlight. Mine actually got damaged through a leaking battery, but I found one of the local shops had a used one for sale. They’re out of production now, but you can find on eBay. Quite small, so not obtrusive, and a fast recycle time. I’ve always liked the SB400.

From earlier post, I got a new eyepiece too.
I’m left eye dominant, and find I’m always shading with my left hand if I’m in sunlight. The cup is a good fit and a little soft, so you can press against it if you need without fear.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N1F1Q9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Bikerbrent

What do you think about this speedlight - SB-300? Sometimes I need a little fill-flash, but I do not want to haul around SB-800 for that.

This is when a little popup builtin flash is very handy. One of the key reasons I am sticking with my D7200. I have an SB-800 for when I need a full power, off camera flash.

Danno

I wear glasses and went from right eye dominant to left eye dominant after my brain altering health issues and because of that I really am not a fan of the standard eye cup on any Nikon. I have been using this hood, the name of which I cannot remember, since my D7200, but a couple of weeks ago I saw this other hood and I decided to try it and I have to say I am pleased. I purchased it from Amazon for $14, and I figured that was cheap enough to try it out.

Turns out that I really like it. they have one for the Nikon Z's and for the DSLRs.

61B6ZsDkkzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Here is the link for the Zs
Amazon.com : Kiwifotos DK-29 Long Soft Viewfinder Eyecup Eyepiece for Nikon Z7 Z6 Z5 Z7 II Z6 II Mirrorless Camera : Camera & Photo