My Experiences not posting correctly

Fred Kingston

Cindy, Cindy Cindy!!!!!!!!!! NONE of that means squat on a photography forum that you can't upload images to because the server is borked and the forum is overloaded with silly nonsense that doesn't contribute to taking better photos... :loyal:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Cindy, Cindy Cindy!!!!!!!!!! NONE of that means squat on a photography forum that you can't upload images to because the server is borked and the forum is overloaded with silly nonsense that doesn't contribute to taking better photos... :loyal:

I understand where you're coming from, Fred. Years ago when some members wanted the Off Topic subforum to hangout and have non-photography discussions, there was a time when Nikonites also had a social aspect to it. And the experience points factor into that despite the wane its being social.

Bikerbrent

Well, I guess the issue is still with us. Yesterday my 1:41 Activity did NOT get recorded. At this point I don't know rather to just give up or keep complaining?

Bikerbrent

Well, I have decided to give up posting on this thread! :confused: My postings don't really seems to be getting me or anyone else and real help. My last request is I would greatly appreciate hearing from an Admin or someone else as to why this is going on, can it ever be fixed, and if Admin is going to pursue a fix at any time? :shame:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I have decided to give up posting on this thread! :confused: My postings don't really seems to be getting me or anyone else and real help. My last request is I would greatly appreciate hearing from an Admin or someone else as to why this is going on, can it ever be fixed, and if Admin is going to pursue a fix at any time? :shame:

I was searching for something altogether different when I stumbled across the original thread explaining the experience points.

https://nikonites.com/site-news/6335-new-activity-point-award-system.html#axzz754eEmdgq

And hyperlinked in this thread is a description on how the points are achieved.

https://nikonites.com/xperience.php?go=earn#axzz754eEmdgq

Not that the info answers any questions though. :rolleyes:

wev

Contributor
I was searching for something altogether different when I stumbled across the original thread explaining the experience points.

https://nikonites.com/site-news/6335-new-activity-point-award-system.html#axzz754eEmdgq

And hyperlinked in this thread is a description on how the points are achieved.

https://nikonites.com/xperience.php?go=earn#axzz754eEmdgq

Not that the info answers any questions though. :rolleyes:

Yep, clear as mud. Nothing to indicate why Don is at 99.9% activity.

I looked at my page -- 12 points for tagging. Since I don't have a clue how you tag something, I must have done it by accident.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

I looked at my page -- 12 points for tagging. Since I don't have a clue how you tag something, I must have done it by accident.

Tagging is the same thing as a mention, @wev - just put an @ in front of someone's name.

wev

Contributor
Tagging is the same thing as a mention, @wev - just put an @ in front of someone's name.

Except that I have done that many more than twelve times in the last eight years. I honestly don't care one way or the other, just had no idea what tagging meant

Dawg Pics

Don has over 60 friends listed in his profile, some of which are active posters. If you look at his "Don's Activity" tab, you will see, well, lots of activity by his friends. I wonder if that is why it shows that figure.

wev

Contributor
Then he's far more popular now than when he was living -- stating to get sort of spooky around here.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Except that I have done that many more than twelve times in the last eight years. I honestly don't care one way or the other, just had no idea what tagging meant

Understood.

Then he's far more popular now than when he was living -- stating to get sort of spooky around here.

I noticed that, too, and assume something is no longer working properly. Perhaps when Don passed is when the Experience system began to go downhill.

Probably the most important factor in using the points is when a new member wants to access certain features. I *think* there might be limitations for new members to post in the Marketplace based on their number of experience points as well as adding signatures to their profiles. Other than that, it makes no difference to me.

Bikerbrent

Below is a listing of my recent posting:

Date My Activity Experience
9/23 9:10 AM None
9-22 8:25 AM 3 Points
9-21 4:00 PM None
9-20 2:22 PM None
9:59 AM 4 Points
9-19 9:17 AM 4 Points
9-18 11:59 AM 5 Points
8:44 AM None
9-17 11:29 AM None
9-16 1:13 PM 4 Points

As you can see, getting my Experience points is a very hit and miss operation. Accordingly, I have no choice but to give up on this entire process and just accept what happens. I can't see wasting any more of my time and computer time complaining to admin personnel that either accomplish nothing or don't ever respond. :mad: