My 35mm film kit

carguy

Last edited:

carguy

Shot a roll of Kodak 400 through the Nikon F3/T as summer ended last year, finally had that roll processed as well.

From the hip:

One Woodward building in Detroit

carguy

While I still have my original owner XG1 in safe keeping, I've been planning to shoot another roll or two through Dad's X-700 soon. I recently read about the X-570 (X-500) and how underrated it has been in the shadow of the X-700.

it I came across a $15 Minolta X-570 in black this week, arrived Monday and everything works aside of the shutter speed. Camera fires at what seems to be the same shutter speed at all settings on the dial, including bulb (B). Even on Aperture Priority (A).

Sending it off to Garry's Camera for a repair/CLA/light seals today.

Unboxing video showing the shutter issue: https://youtu.be/D1MJqZmhl1s

carguy

Nikon One Touch sold this week. Proceeds went toward a $15 black Minolta X-570 body. Arrived and works fine except the shutter seems to fire at the same speed no matter what the dial is set to - including BULB. Same behavior in Aperture Priority (A) mode. Shipped it off to Garrys Camera for a $53 repair and CLA. Looking forward to this one :)

carguy

I purchased a 'As-Is' Minolta X-570 via email about a week back. Nice shape, shutter speed issue. Sent it off to Garrys Camera and it came back in great condition. Attached my XG winder, 45mm f2 & NOS Minolta strap (via ebay) and shot two rolls through it yesterday at a local St Paddys day parade :)

Ektar 100 & Portra 160

I'm looking forward to the results :)

carguy

Is this thing on? :)

I've sold off my EM, FE2 and Yashica GSN. I picked up a Minolta A5 mechanical rangefinder.
Last night I ordered a gripped N90 to shoot my Nikon G glass with.

Current film shooters are the F3/T, Minolta X-570 & Minolta A5. I did whip out the FreedomZoom 150 for a local film compact camera photowalk/meetup in January :)

carguy

Things are always evolving :)

Just replaced my N90/MB-10 with a MINT N90s from the original owner.

Current shooters: Nikon F3/T, Minolta X-570, Minolta A5 & My original Minolta Freedom Zoom 150

carguy

I recently discovered the Nikon N2000. I great bridge camera between the F3 and the N90. Some great things about the old cameras and great things about the new cameras.
First Nikon SLR which was made form polycarbonate.
Still has a manual film rewind lever.
No pop up flash
Manual focus
First auto-advance 35mm film SLR camera

It took three copies to get one working and it is fabulous. :) My first roll through it was Superia 400 ( all pics on flickr link https://www.flickr.com/photos/michiganclassics/collections/72157649945674614/ )

Great camera to keep :)

Current shooters: Nikon F3/T, N2000, N90s, Minolta X-570, Minolta A5 & My original Minolta Freedom Zoom 150