Ice Soap Bubbles

pictaker64

well...the stick is the little plastic thingy that the bubble forms through when you blow through it...not sure if it would rest on anything sharp..I will try to play around and see...I tried backlighting a few last night but they didnt come out like I wanted them to,so I trashed them in favor of this mornings try...will see what I can come up with

Could the "stick" be, say, a pen torch or Christmas tree LED light? It doesn't have to be an inanimate stick, does it? Just something long and thin?

Jonathan

well...the stick is the little plastic thingy that the bubble forms through when you blow through it...not sure if it would rest on anything sharp..I will try to play around and see...I tried backlighting a few last night but they didnt come out like I wanted them to,so I trashed them in favor of this mornings try...will see what I can come up with

Now we're getting somewhere! If you smoked, you could inject some smoke into the bubble as you blow it up ...

pictaker64

Dont smoke,used to,dirty habit,hardest thing I ever quit,and I have quit booze and drugs....dont think I will be doin that,however I like the idea....might have to come up with something...

pictaker64

Ok...got to thinking about jonathan's idea and came up with this,any comments appreciated

DSC_5101.jpg

pictaker64

The geese one was layered with a pic I had on my puter,I was lucky and the light was hitting the geese at the same angle as the bubble.I blew the bubble and grabbed it with the stick you use to blow threw,then carefully placed it on a snow bank and took pictures as it froze.Its really very easy as long as the wind isnt blowing to tear them apart.Thank you all for the kind words,it means alot coming from you guys....heres a couple of pics of the bubble as it froze,along with a closeup

DSC_5090a.jpg
DSC_5090.jpg

Scott Murray

The geese one was layered with a pic I had on my puter,I was lucky and the light was hitting the geese at the same angle as the bubble.I blew the bubble and grabbed it with the stick you use to blow threw,then carefully placed it on a snow bank and took pictures as it froze.Its really very easy as long as the wind isnt blowing to tear them apart.Thank you all for the kind words,it means alot coming from you guys....heres a couple of pics of the bubble as it froze,along with a closeup

View attachment 75807

Love the close up, you could have lots of fun with macro.

pictaker64

Last one I promise...having some fun with this now,made this for my Niece,its one of the Baby shots I took of my grand niece,thought it came out nice....

DSC_5120.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It would be interesting to photograph these types of bubbles--makes me wonder what she adds to the solution to allow the bubbles to be manipulated in so many ways. Amazing photo ops here. ;)

nickt

It would be interesting to photograph these types of bubbles--makes me wonder what she adds to the solution to allow the bubbles to be manipulated in so many ways. Amazing photo ops here. ;)
I probably would miss half the shots. I'd be like a big kid with my mouth stuck in the 'wow' position. Never too old for bubbles. Very talented family. I read she does shows along with her two children, husband and his brother.

cwgirl197

e1230108adf204fc267b391c91d65acf.jpg

Nikon D750, Nikon D800, Nikon 16-35 f/4, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-300
Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Sigma 105mm f2.8
Sigma 150-600 C
Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Di VC USD