Ice Soap Bubbles

Sharin

I forgot to ask, are these just regular children's bubbles from the toy section or are these heavy-duty homemade bubbles? (Don't laugh! I've seen them posted on Pinterest.) :)

pictaker64

regular childrens bubble stuff,however I did add some sugar and corn starch to it,it was recommended on a website I googled,to make them hardier.When I first tried it they would almost get to the point where they were completely frozen,but would fall apart in the last second.After I added the starch and sugar,a few of them stayed together long enough to photograph.

I forgot to ask, are these just regular children's bubbles from the toy section or are these heavy-duty homemade bubbles? (Don't laugh! I've seen them posted on Pinterest.) :)

Sharin

Thanks; I think I'm going to go search for a recipe of some sort so I can (hopefully) get it right sooner, rather than later. That way I can spend less time in the frigid 11 degree temps. Brrrrrrr!

Thanks for the help as well as the inspiration!

pictaker64

This one was kinda wierd,I overexposed it so much it glowed.not sure if I like it or not

DSC_8516.jpg

pictaker64

Took a few moments and made a few bubbles as the sun was goin down.It was a little warmer here today so it was real hard to get them to stay but I managed to get a few.I have some from this morning also,however there was no sunrise so they came out pretty blah.I am goin to see if I can spice them up somewhat,in the meantime.heres a few from tonight

DSC_9555.jpg
DSC_9567.jpg
DSC_9566.jpg

pictaker64

Did a few yesterday morning,just getting around to posting them,it amazes me when I see all the colors that come out in the morning.I did a search on flickr to see other ones but there were very few with color,most were just frosty gray.I like mine and the way I do it.It helps to enhance them with lightroom but you have to have some color to start with,Thank you all for the nice comments,

DSC_9583.jpg
DSC_9593.jpg
DSC_9601.jpg
DSC_9595.jpg
DSC_9607.jpg

pictaker64

7 degrees and no wind this morning...had to at least try,only grabbed a few shots before I had to get off to work but the sky was cool and so were the bubbles

DSC_1344.jpg
DSC_1349a.jpg

BackdoorArts

I've had no desire to get up early and shoot. I may just try for snow flakes again tomorrow. I'm stupified, but the one snow flake photo I got was when I walked out on the deck and saw perfectly formed flakes everywhere after a light flurry the night before. Every time I've tried and snag flakes they have been mini crystals with no symmetry or patterns, making me wonder what conditions make for great flakes and what doesn't.

pictaker64

Heres a couple in the act of freezing,sun was way up by now so no color,but I kinda like the clear,you can see the bubble sticks reflection in them

DSC_4928_zpsbd5bc4a4.jpg

DSC_4927_zps64954c02.jpg

pictaker64

I would think not,they are so delicate even a breeze blows them apart.Really has to be calm for them to freeze full like that.I just blow the bubble and put it right on the stick,not cold enough for them to freeze mid air here...

Do you have time to blow them around something before they freeze?

Jonathan

I would think not,they are so delicate even a breeze blows them apart.Really has to be calm for them to freeze full like that.I just blow the bubble and put it right on the stick,not cold enough for them to freeze mid air here...

Could the "stick" be, say, a pen torch or Christmas tree LED light? It doesn't have to be an inanimate stick, does it? Just something long and thin?