D600 vs D800

GeoWes

Excellent!

I am indebted to you guys! I have asked one of my question in a Hungarian forum and the outcome was the following instead of such a correct well explained answer: "Why do u want an expensive camera if u do not know these basics?". After my simple explanation they went mad and 1 day later I was banned with the comment of "It is a basic question that ruins a D800 forum. To find the answer for such a question go and buy some photography beginner books."

I cannot express myself, but I am so impressed. Thanks, and have a good year!

On the Hungarian forum it's all about the photographer. On this forum, it's all about the art. Don't think you can find a better home than Nikonites.

Tall Grass

The biggest drawback for me between the 800 and the 610 is the distribution of the autofocus points. The shape of the array is odd and the array does not cover enough of the frame... Also, the lower light capability of the autofocus system is noticeably better on the 800.

That being said, the auto focus does a great job of locking on in the 610 and I have been very happy with it.

One advantage that I can see in the 610 is the better noise performance at higher ISO settings. For me, it is noticeable and I am VERY happy with the 610's high ISO shots.

I regret getting rid of the 800 but am very happy with the 610.

Expertneo

The biggest drawback for me between the 800 and the 610 is the distribution of the autofocus points. The shape of the array is odd and the array does not cover enough of the frame... Also, the lower light capability of the autofocus system is noticeably better on the 800.

That being said, the auto focus does a great job of locking on in the 610 and I have been very happy with it.

One advantage that I can see in the 610 is the better noise performance at higher ISO settings. For me, it is noticeable and I am VERY happy with the 610's high ISO shots.

I regret getting rid of the 800 but am very happy with the 610.

If you are professional and the shot that you do not miss because of the AF makes money, than definitely! It worth those extra bucks to spend on body. If you don't make money, I do not think that it will count so much; Personally I better lock on a bit later than spending an additional 500 bucks on a D800 body :) At least this is my opinion. It may help for other people hesitating between cameras.