D3100 upgrade

Fred Kingston

Yes... Adobe's been pushing their Cloud storage... You can ignore that and store everything on your own hard drives...

I have 29,000 images in my 21 year old catalogue and it's less than 800G... 1T USB drives are less than $50... I'll see if I can find you a YouTube video tutorial on LR's Catalogue... There's a video for everything...

Clovishound

I'm with Fred on this. I have Lightroom/PS. They are great programs. I don't use the cloud, I just export them to my hard drive organized by location and date in different folders, with a couple kitchen drawer folders for times I just take a couple shots instead of an outing with lots of pics.

I keep a backup on an external HD. I sort of prefer that to a thumbdrive. They transfer a whole lot faster. You can get a 2TB name brand mechanical drive locally for $60-$80. The thumbdrives are less likely to be damaged by dropping, and easier to store, although the current mechanical HDs are quite small. I do a third backup of my best shots (such as they are) on a thumbdrive.

Either way works for backup, just don't put all your eggs in one basket.