Turning off question

alanwk

When I turn my D7000 off the lcd screen on top does not shut down. All settings remain visible. I never noticed this before. Is this normal?

Dave_W

The Dude
My LCD screen shows some information such as the memory cards and various other things but not the same info as when the camera is turned on. I wonder if you've made a change in the preferences that is now causing it to show this data. If you don't want the data to show up or you can't find a way to alter the read out, you might consider re-setting the camera back to factory settings.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I havent made any changes. Where do I check settings to show data on screen after turning off?

You don't, after you shut the camera off, all screens are off except the number of shots left in the lower right corner of the screen on top of the camera.

nickt

I can't think of a setting for that. I'm pretty sure my d7k did this one time as a glitch. It might of happened when I popped a memory card in and out with the camera on. Try pulling the battery for a few seconds. If that doesn't work, try the reset that Dave suggested.

Dave_W

The Dude
Here's a little present for you - HERE. What data are you seeing in your LCD screen after you turn it off? Could it be that you're looking at the display under strong light and seeing the LCD chambers and making it appear like it's still turned on?