Rookie here!

Pretzel

Hi all. New D3100 owner here (basic 18-55 lens for now) and a complete noob to photography, as all I've ever used was point and shoot before now... Hope to find some good info and fun here!

§am

Welcome :)

The "basic" lens you got there is actually a very under rated lens for what it is - definitely one that sticks around for a while even after you've bought other ones

Blacktop

Hi all. New D3100 owner here (basic 18-55 lens for now) and a complete noob to photography, as all I've ever used was point and shoot before now... Hope to find some good info and fun here!

Welcome! You will love that setup. It will serve you well for a few years, then you'll realize that you need something more. Something with some bite to it, and you will get the D7100. I predict you will call it the "Primal Beast"

mikew_RIP

Welcome! You will love that setup. It will serve you well for a few years, then you'll realize that you need something more. Something with some bite to it, and you will get the D7100. I predict you will call it the "Primal Beast"

And sleep with it when you first get it:D

Pretzel

It actually only took a little over a year. ;) BTW, I don't have a Raynox thread, it's just in my "Gypsy King" thread. LOL

RocketCowboy

Howdy Pretzel and welcome to Nikonites! I hope you enjoy this site and we see you around a bit more often. You might try posting one or two of your images, so we can see how you're doing and give you some suggestion on how you can improve your photography and be more like me. :D