Unknown colour balance

mole

Does anyone know why in the Exif data unknown colour balance MDIxNQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAFsuLi5d?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I use Flickr and saw most of the Nikon D3100 user exif data loooks like that in Flickr where it says unknown colour balance.

So why is it important for you to know? If it says that for all the 3100, then maybe it's the way it is. I say just go out and use your camera, be creative and let numbers be.

mole

So why is it important for you to know? If it says that for all the 3100, then maybe it's the way it is. I say just go out and use your camera, be creative and let numbers be.

Well I have not stopped to take photos and I am using my camera. Just to know why is it there as it is important to me. Camera is not a magical or heavenly object that makes a person creative. It's technical side needs to be understand to be creative. So still if anyone of you know please let me know.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well I have not stopped to take photos and I am using my camera. Just to know why is it there as it is important to me. Camera is not a magical or heavenly object that makes a person creative. It's technical side needs to be understand to be creative. So still if anyone of you know please let me know.

Try pictures with a different white color balance just to see what they would say. It might just be a long string of letters and numbers that could mean something to a post processing program? I really don't know is what I should be writing… :)