Hello

Cochese

I've been interested in photography for a long time, however I never really had the resources to pursue it. My interest and my gear have all come from my dad, who had his own portrait studio in the 80s. For P+S, a Mavica FD5 has given way to a DSC-T5, which we use when we aren't using our phones.

My dad also gave me his 35mm when he went digital, a FM2 with a 35-200 lens and a couple of filters. He also recently gave me a Coolpix 5000 with a flash. All nice gifts, but I got my first DSLR this week with a D5100 I received for Christmas.

I've always been familiar with manual focus, but now I'll be learning all the other manual aspects now that I don't have to worry about buying and wasting film.

Carolyn

Welcome ~ I'm a newbie to! How wonderful you have a Dad that has taught you all the manual focus ~ we also have some good old gear and lenses. Love that you mentioned your phones - how often do we do this lol (at least we don't miss a photo :eek:) Enjoy your D5100 and I love that you also mentioned you don't have to worry about buying and wasting film.