Is There Anything More Cliche...

BackdoorArts

...than a Cardinal in the snow? Perhaps not. But there aren't many things more beautiful either.

8322559505_1272808fce_o.jpg

BackdoorArts

That was through the Window?? Even better.. great shot of a lovely bird...

Pat in NH

Yes, through a window, but an open window not through glass. I do have a black sheet set up in my office window upstairs that I can drop behind me at a moment's notice so that I lose all reflections of anything behind me, but it's still not the same - except when it gets dark. Today I just closed the door and let the cold in until I realized that there are times when gloves in the house are appropriate. LOL

BackdoorArts

For all the birds we have in our yard over the course of the year, the male Cardinal has always proved to be the most elusive to my camera. They never seem to stay out in the open long enough unless they're on the ground feeding. So I was happy when the snow slowed them down. Here are a few more.

8325626787_24c6425486_o.jpg

8326684720_46559bd7bd_o.jpg

8325626513_3d2420767e_o.jpg

Carroll

For all the birds we have in our yard over the course of the year, the male Cardinal has always proved to be the most elusive to my camera. They never seem to stay out in the open long enough unless they're on the ground feeding. So I was happy when the snow slowed them down. Here are a few more.

Jake, the two shots with Cardinals in the tree limbs are simply outstanding. Thank you for posting them.

Have a great 2013!