Novice User

Bear2123

Been looking to upgrade my camera currently using a D3000. With tax time coming up I want to upgrade, stumbled onto Ebay and did a quick search for a D7000 (rented one from lensrentals.com and loved it) Looked through a couple pages and saw they had a package deal. Is this a good deal or no? I'm not the best with lenses, the other gear i'm certain is a decent buy, but i'm not 100% sure with the couple of lenses.

New Nikon D7000 7 Lens Kit 18 55 VR 70 300 650 1300mm 500mm 16GB More 0018208254682 | eBay

Thanks in advance.

§am

You won't go wrong with the three Nikkor/Nikon lenses in that, but the other stuff?? I have no idea what make it is, IQ etc etc.
Could just be cheap tack bundled in for marketing rubbish to make the deal look sweet.

I'd price up the body, three Nikon lenses, couple of the bags, cheap tripod, and what looks like a cheap SD card, and see what it comes out to compared to what this package is going for.

Plus if you have a D3100, what lenses do you already have? I'm gonna guess the 18-55mm 'kit' lens, so that's an extra one you don't need to be spending money on already

grandpaw

I will give you my personal opinion and that is to stay clear of this combo. The D7000 camera is a great camera and one of those lenses that has VR should be a Nikon lens but I suspect the rest are lenses not worth having. There is no way you can get all of that and it be of a quality that you will be happy with. I may have missed it but I did not see where it stated he was an authorized dealer and that this is not a grey market camera. As far as the lenses go there was no description of them that I could see anywhere in the add. The only thing that was mentioned is that one of them was a VR lens and nothing about the other two. I personally would avoid this and get your equipment from a reputable place like B&H camera. You just cannot get this much equipment for this price and it be worth having. Don't get suckered in on a deal that sounds to good to be true.