D600 vs 6D : DXo Marks are up

aZuMi

No surprises, the D600 is superior than 6D in terms of Colour Depth, ISO, and Dynamic range. Still feels good to have a much superior camera than the Canon offerings. ;)

03.jpg

DxOMark - Comparisons

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 486

Nikonitus

Personally I don't get into many "Mine's better than yours" types arguments etc, but I have been reading a few previews,, which by now should be reviews,, on the 6D and some Canon owners actually argued that the 6D was a far better camera, from whatever point of view they didn't have, because the darned thing hadn't even been released at the time. I found that extraordinary...

I doubt that all canon owners are like that, but I wish I had a 6D to compare and even use alongside the D600, just to keep me from being the one-eyed Nikon owner others might see me as...Hehehehehe...!!!

I suppose it does the old ego a little bit of good to see those scores. Now I can go beat my chest...!!!

eli

while i have enjoyed my D7000, i have considered moving up to the full frame D600. However, the oil spot problem concerns me.
Additionally, the autofocus points clustered into the middle of hte frame also concerns me. Has anyone experienced a problem with
the oil spots or the autofocus because it doesn't cover as much of the viewfinder as, say, the D800? Should i be concerned about these two issues?

PapaST

eli, those two concerns are really best left to the individual. The smaller cluster was a bummer for me but not a deal breaker and certainly something that I couldn't overcome pretty easily.

The oil/dust is more of an individual decision. Had I known about them I probably would have waited. But as it is after about 5,000 actuations I'm not really seeing a change in dust.

Ironwood

But as it is after about 5,000 actuations I'm not really seeing a change in dust.

Are you saying you are not seeing a reduction in dust generation/accumulation after 5000 actuations ?
I thought the general feeling was it starts to slow substantially after about 3000.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

I dealt with oil/dust on my D7000, so if I need to I will deal with it on the D600. After 2 days of just messing around with it and no real opportunity to "go out and shoot" I can at least say that 1) I am thrilled with the quality of the images I am getting, and 2) I didn't realize how much I was missing not having a full frame camera. I do a lot of wildlife, so having a cropped sensor camera like the D7000 is essential (though I'm interested to see just how much I lose in the pixel-per-bird measurement given the higher resolution on the D600). But all my frustration over having my lenses be "not quite wide enough" has disappeared.

As for focus points, I haven't used it enough to know whether or not I'll be frustrated by it. I have always been one to work within the limits of the tools I have, so if it becomes a point of frustration I expect I'll learn to adjust fast enough.

eli

Thanks for your input. I am going to wait awhile and see what happens with the oill/dust problem. I enjoy my 7000 and still learn something each day i use it, so, the wait will be used positively. thanks again