Anxious to Get Started

AuntieBellum

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for letting me join your forum. I am VERY excited to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can. I purchased my very first DSLR at the beginning of September, the D3200. I've always loved photography, and it was time to upgrade and get serious about it. While I've only had three months with it, I'm jumping in head first and starting my own photography business in 2013. I know it's not a professional model, but I'm gonna make it work. I'm actually sitting here anxiously waiting for the brown truck of happiness to deliver my 50mm 1.8G today! I hope to get started in family and event photography, with additional emphases on pet photography and stock landscape photography. Right now I'm completely overwhelmed - logo work, supplies, backgrounds, business tools, website, marketing, pricing....AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Thanks in advance for all of your help!

RockyNH_RIP

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for letting me join your forum. I am VERY excited to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can. I purchased my very first DSLR at the beginning of September, the D3200. I've always loved photography, and it was time to upgrade and get serious about it. While I've only had three months with it, I'm jumping in head first and starting my own photography business in 2013. I know it's not a professional model, but I'm gonna make it work. I'm actually sitting here anxiously waiting for the brown truck of happiness to deliver my 50mm 1.8G today! I hope to get started in family and event photography, with additional emphases on pet photography and stock landscape photography. Right now I'm completely overwhelmed - logo work, supplies, backgrounds, business tools, website, marketing, pricing....AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Welcome to the forum... Lots of good knowledge here as I found out. I just got my D5100 in mid Sept so I have less experience than you... You will really need to "know your camera" well! Also, lighting is a science that you will need to perfect, especially with family portraits. Good luck, show us some of your work when you get a chance and a website if you have one. If you as new as me (almost) you will have a lot to learn before perfecting your trade & business. Keep us posted on your progress and there is a "Business Thread" here also.

Pat in NH