planning to buy

jamesbishop911

Hello ,I am James and i am new to this forum. I am planning to buy new camera. Will be Nikon D3100 is the best? I love travelling and taking pictures.

kklor

Welcome James!
The D3100 will be a great place to jump in and starting to enjoy the Nikon life!
Cheers-
Kathleen

Dan G

I am great fun of Nikon products especially the DSLRs and the lenses...i once got to hold one only onces and i loved it...i've loved photography since i first got my hands on my first camera(Kodak $5)...untill i came to know about the DSLRs...ive read everything about them best lenses...best Nikon DSLR...am sure i know almost everything about them....the sad thing is that i don't have one...and with no doubt cant afford one...it only remains but just a dream to me... am sure one day no matter how old...i will get one no matter how outdated....it will still be mine to treasure...even a D2x would still be great to me....

Tami Jo

Welcome James! I am sure that you will find the 3100 a great place to begin. I have heard good things about that model and have seen great pictures captured with it as well.

sailtastic

It' s a great camera. As it doesn't have some of the fancy features of more expensive models you have to learn to do things manually which really helps with the understanding. I have had my d3100 since Aug and love it.