Second Nikon

Philth

Hi all. I just picked up the Nikon D5100 kit at Sam's Club. Came with the normal 18-55mm VR, but also the 55-200mm VR as well. Also came with the Nikon bag, but I'm not a fan of it as it seems the top doesn't completely cover the inside, exposing it to the elements.

I had a D40 for the longest time, but I've decided to upgrade since the deal seemed relatively good.

I just downloaded Aperture for my Mac and am shooting everything in RAW format from now on. I'm still new to this RAW thing, but think I am getting the hang of it.

I plan on going to a local camera store's class that is centered specifically around the D5100 so I can learn all of the different settings it has.

Looking forward to learning here.

Cheers,
Dustin

Philth

Thanks everybody. I'm pretty pleased thus far. Like I've eluded to in the first post, I'm using strictly RAW now, and using Aperture to process the photos. Can anybody point me to go Aperture articles? Specifically, if there is any "correct" way to process the RAW image?

ABN Panzer

Welcome to Nikonites.
I have nothing to offer in the ways of Aperature, sorry. Someone else will more than liekly chime in with some great advice, however dont overlook Youtube. I've been moderately suprised at what I've learned there.