glesgaboy

hi guys,

just a quick hello. i'm a scottish lad living in cyprus and i'm getting the d3100 for christmas, i'm just wanting to know if i can use the camera straight from the box? apart from charging the battery and getting a mem card. prob sounds daft but don't know if the software needs tobe loaded and camera registered etc.

ta in advance

andy

nikonpup

welcome, i would talk to santa so that my battery would be charged, memory card in place and a few chapters in the manual read. You get no points for missed photos on xmas day. Enjoy your new present.

glesgaboy

cheers ron

i'm sure santa will have battery charged and mem card in place, aswel as dropping off manual before hand. i was wondering more about the software that comes with it as laptop has no cd drive.

nikonpup

if you have a windows pc you will be able to download and view your photos with some limited editing. Many free editing program available on the internet. The full reference user manual you should be able to downlaod from nikon after you register you camera and lens. You should be good to go.