kklor

Greetings to all Nikonites-
I have been a Nikonite at heart for a long time and am glad that I stumbled across this site to join the group.
Started photography early in life and it has always been in my blood with waves of activity/inactivity. Took a serious dive when I no longer had a darkroom and b/w processing in a lab was awful. Slowly crept into the digital age but refused to sell my Nikon film gear to do it. Stubborn or foolish, can't say? Looking forward to being a member on this site!
Cheers-
Kathleen

Dave_W

The Dude
Welcome! And don't feel alone with the old gear, I've an N80 and N90 collecting dust along a couple red and yellow filters that I doubt I'll ever use.

kklor

Hi Jeff-
I was hesitant to put that I still have film gear in a digital world. I have my Dad's Nikon EL and I have my F3 that I bought new off the Nikon rep before they were for sale. I have two medium formats a Yashica and Rollei, and lately I have bought a couple of different Holgas to play with. How about you?

stmv

F3 means you must have nice glass too, have you decided on which Digital SLR,, I am thinking D600 would be a nice bridge from F3. or D7000 if you are on budget.

by the way,, I'll never sell my F3, even for just the sake of mechanical art.

kklor

I bought a D90 about 2 years ago when the D5000 came out as I like the build better and it was rated better than the 300 and I could not afford the jump to the 700. I just refused to sell my F3 also even though the local photo club members thought I was a bit off in the head. Yes, I did keep my what is now called "legendary glass" from Nikon too although I haven't really put it on the D90 yet, but I should. Next digital body I would be torn between the 600 and the 800?

Eye-level

Banned
Kathleen I didn't inherit any cameras but I did inherit a love of photographs and art in general. I have had various sundry film cameras over the past 3 or 4 years since I have been "into it" so to speak. Some of those cameras were fine tools like the Contaflex and the black Canonet. My sister was and is into Nikon and I have always thought the F and F2 cameras were the cat's meow. So I got me a FE, a couple of EM's, a couple of F2's one of them really nice, and a D5000 because it can mount any of the lenses. You may not have metering and AF but then I am used to that. The Yashica MF is pretty cool and the Rollei must be super deluxe to own. Holgas are the old school version of instagrams if you ask me...lol

If I ever win the lottery I want to have a scaled up MF model of a F2 with scaled up models of 28, 35, 50, 85, 105, 180, and 300 lenses... :) I say if you dream you ought to dream medium format! haha

Eye-level

Banned
I bought a D90 about 2 years ago when the D5000 came out as I like the build better and it was rated better than the 300 and I could not afford the jump to the 700. I just refused to sell my F3 also even though the local photo club members thought I was a bit off in the head. Yes, I did keep my what is now called "legendary glass" from Nikon too although I haven't really put it on the D90 yet, but I should. Next digital body I would be torn between the 600 and the 800?

Anything non Ai WILL NOT work...no worky damage camera!

fotojack

Welcome, Kathleen. I see you've met Jeff, our resident film buff. :) He'll talk your ears off with anything to do with film cameras. :)