Hello from Colorado!

grmojo

New to forum and to Nikon.

My wife and I have been wanting a DSLR for several years ... both using Canon point/shoots up to now.

I went out and got us his/hers D7000's and 55-200mm lenses.

Nice place you got here. Just found it a couple days ago ... but have already enjoyed reading/browsing/learning here!

Greg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites Greg, I'm sure you'll enjoy the D7000. It is a fine camera, but it has to be directed to interesting things by the person behind it. ;)

Enjoy your Nikon!

Nybillygoat

From one new kid to another ... Welcome to the forum.... Your gonna love that D7000 it's a heck of a camera.... I've been shooting with Nikon dslr cameras since the D50.... And have own a lot since then... Just when you think you've learned everything about your camera, you surprise yourself with a another feature you didn't know about.... Happy shooting

RockyNH_RIP

New to forum and to Nikon.

My wife and I have been wanting a DSLR for several years ... both using Canon point/shoots up to now.

I went out and got us his/hers D7000's and 55-200mm lenses.

Nice place you got here. Just found it a couple days ago ... but have already enjoyed reading/browsing/learning here!

Greg

Greg, welcome to you both, Nikonites is a great place with many warm and friendly folk, not to mention helpful! I am also new to DSLR (less than 90 days) and I can only hope you enjoy and get as much out of this forum as I have...

Pat in NH

grmojo

Thanks all! We just got back from the Butterfly Pavilion here .... great place to take pictures of course. I can say now however that our 55-200mm is NOT the lens for this situation. LOL. (I see lens purchase(s) in our futures) :)

I was very happy to see the result of my wife's effort. She got some better light as the sun was higher ... (we only brought one camera ... not sure why .. ?? ) She was struggling a bit with getting the camera to focus. Standing too close to her subjects with the 50-200mm on... A few gentle 'lessons' though (and I'm no expert mind you) and she produced some amazing shots.

I am thrilled with this D7000 so far. I guess coming from a P&S this is typical. The colors and sharpness are remarkable. Even with the flash, the images produced are leagues above my old Canon A630 or my wife's Elf ...

It's HEAVY! LOL. First time we carried/shot with it for any significant period of time. Of course I was designated 'carrier'. :)

Next time, we'll bring both. Hehe....

Here is a shot of our cat, Daisy, the first night we played ... so hard to avoid red eye ... but this shot was pretty amazing to this amateur ...

daisy.jpg

Last edited: