AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR suggestion...Yes or No?

dragion

I'm interested in buying this lens from Craigslist tomorrow for under $200 and would like to know if it would be a good idea.

The lens is in mint condition and includes both caps, lens hood & 2 filters.
Seller says has been used only 6 months and is being replaced by the 18-200mm...reason for sale.

I've been looking for a good walk around lens and wonder if this is a good fit?

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated...

Thanks!

fotojack

Absolutely! Just make sure it IS under $200. Any more than that and you'd be over paying. I have had mine for 2 years and it's the one I keep on my D200 most of the time as a walk around lens. Great lens to have. Go for it! :)

Last edited:

dragion

Absolutely! Just make sure it IS under $200. any more than that and you'd be over paying. I have had mine for 2 years and it's the one I keep on my D200 most of the time as a walk around lens. Great lens to have. Go for it! :)

fotojack,
Price has already been confirmed...thanks!

Researched and the lowest price was over $200 for used in any condition...KEF.com, eBay, Adorama...etc.

dragion

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice.
I picked it up tonight and so far, it is a wonderful lens especially for only $180.00! :D

Tami Jo

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice.
I picked it up tonight and so far, it is a wonderful lens especially for only $180.00! :D

It sounds like you got a great deal. I am certain you are going to enjoy that zoom range. Everyone that I know who has that lens in their collection have nothing but good things to say about it.