First engagement shoot tomorrow!

Jonny Rabbit

So like many of you on here, I accepted my first engagement shoot without knowing much about how to actually do an engagement session...

I'm a nightlife photographer so I dont position / pose the subjects a lot (thus I'm not really used to asking people to move their bodies around).

Do you guys have any tips when it comes to posing the couple? It's going to be awkward no matter what since they are both really close friends but at least I'll be more comfortable posing them as my first instead of some randos haha.

I've been googling "engagement photography" all morning so hopefully I'll learn a thing or two but advice from some seasoned vets is always more valuable than google results :p

eurotrash

HAHA, that made me laugh. "Randos".
I'd be interested in the same actually, as someone just approached me about this same subject as well. Not sure what to charge, not sure how to actually go about it. I'd almost think I'd feel like I was imposing on a date or something:p

you need to take them somewhere that has a lot of props ..eg staircases fountains things to sit on etc dont forget to do the girl on her own and then add in the bloke Changes of clothes are a good idea and keep those bra straps out of it to judge by someone elses efforts on here ...

Eye-level

Banned
Look for the light.

Walk around your subject(s) and look at how the light falls on them. Position them for best effect. If you have a reflector it will be a great aid for you. Be aware of the raccoon eyes (I am the king of raccoon eyes - bad). Try to shoot at eye level with the subject. Use a weird angle or two by tilting the camera. Don't forget a close up or two of the ring. Get some shots in the direct light...get some in the shade - use your on board flash set real low for fill light while in the shade. Do the session early in the morning or late in the evening the best stuff is going to be made in the golden hour. If possible scout the location and do some trial runs there a day or two or so before the session.

Get the light right and the rest of it will fall in place. Get the light right and they will be happy with your snaps.