What compares to Canon 28-135mm IS

ajjcon

Hi everyone, lets start by saying I was a heavy canon user up until a few years ago when I got bored with taking the same shots daily and fell out with my cameras. I was running 2 40d bodies with multiple lenses wide angles to 'l' telephotos. I sold the whole lot and went back to compact cameras. Then the call of a SLR came back to me and I made the jump to the dark side and bought a D7000. Have to say, im loving it, it feels a lot more instinctive that my canons ever were and I have fell back in love with photography.

But !!!! im having trouble getting the right lenses. I have a Canon 28-135mm is which lived on one of the bodies and was perfect for grabbing when leaving the house, but I cant see and comparable lenses for the Nikon, either proprietary or sigma, tamron, or tokina does anyone know of any possibilities? I dont want to fall into the trap again for full time swapping lenses off the body while out and about ! Any suggestions welcome. Many thanks everybody !

pedroj

Hi everyone, lets start by saying I was a heavy canon user up until a few years ago when I got bored with taking the same shots daily and fell out with my cameras. I was running 2 40d bodies with multiple lenses wide angles to 'l' telephotos. I sold the whole lot and went back to compact cameras. Then the call of a SLR came back to me and I made the jump to the dark side and bought a D7000. Have to say, im loving it, it feels a lot more instinctive that my canons ever were and I have fell back in love with photography.

But !!!! im having trouble getting the right lenses. I have a Canon 28-135mm is which lived on one of the bodies and was perfect for grabbing when leaving the house, but I cant see and comparable lenses for the Nikon, either proprietary or sigma, tamron, or tokina does anyone know of any possibilities? I dont want to fall into the trap again for full time swapping lenses off the body while out and about ! Any suggestions welcome. Many thanks everybody !

18-200mm