Why is it that people ask me to figure out a way to put a "Time Stamp" on their photo

willwhittenburg

Why is it that people ask me to figure out a way to put a "Time Stamp" on their photo

Why is it that people ask me to figure out a way to put a "Time Stamp" on their photo's? This question REALLY frustrates me on so many levels, but I just focus on the "hilarity" level. I've never researched the solution, any suggestions so I can answer my friends, co-workers and neighbors with dignity and candor?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: Why is it that people ask me to figure out a way to put a "Time Stamp" on their p

Usually, all digital pictures have data embedded. One of these is the time stamp. If they would just load an "exif" reader, then they would have the time data stamped available. I think that "window picture viewer" has that as well. So I guess you don't have to insert something that is already there.

Re: Why is it that people ask me to figure out a way to put a "Time Stamp" on their p

answer is its an amateur concept like using a lens cap or the built in flash..they wont admit to doing either and will shut up ....

Geoffc

answer is its an amateur concept like using a lens cap or the built in flash..they wont admit to doing either and will shut up ....

So that's why my photos are so bad, it's because I replace the lens cap when not in use.

Its the multiple ways we use our cameras that makes photography so interesting and individual. when I buy a lens I leave the cap in the box ready for re sale and fit a uv filter and glue the hood on ..why would I take a cap to a wedding ??? on and off 1000 times no no and where would I store it ? Only got my suit pockets and they got more important things in them like business cards !!! ( well misty filters Vinyettes and spare SD card/flash batteries...

Certainly I regard the people who hang the camera around there neck with the giant lens and lens cap on as amateurs...by the time they get it off and switch on the kid in the third row in the church has stopped picking his nose and the shots gone ..ok grandma mopping a tear but you got the idea ...
do just as you like ...I do

With regard to the original question I dont see anyway to make it visible with a D7000 but it is there hidden if the clock is right

Last edited:

pedroj

Welcome Will and no I don't know why they ask you...

If they have point & shoot cameras they might find it in the menu...

Last edited: