The Geisel Library

Dave_W

The Dude
This is the Geisel Library, named in honor of Audrey and Theodor Seuss Geisel (aka - Dr. Seuss), located on the campus of University of California San Diego (UCSD).

D800; 14-24mm; ISO - 100

D8A_0479-Edit-2.jpg

D8A_0500-Edit.jpg

D8A_0526-ps.jpg

D8A_0545.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Looks like Frank Lloyd Wright on steroids architecture! Thank you for sharing this is fantastic. I can see a lot of depth so I suppose you used the wider angles...good exposure. A+

Duh..14-24...

Does it have PC or whatever the heck that is?

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Does it have PC or whatever the heck that is?

No, it's just a standard wide angle and crazy sharp. I wish it were a "perspective control" lens, I've been lusting after one for quite awhile. I'm told it's not that difficult to use but I'm still a little gun shy. Frankly, I'm a bit wide angle challenged and haven't spent enough time using one. Learning to stand so close to a subject feels unnatural for me and I'm only now beginning to push myself closer.

Ruidoso Bill

Great shots, love it, 14-24mm next on the list (complete the trilogy), had to take a break and get a long lens for some bird/wildlife stuff friday then on the hunt for the lens. 2012 has been a super expensive year and I'm still married. Used the 24-70 for some portrait shots sunday and again planning to use it tomorrow and really liked it.

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
Hey Dave? Can I have your old antiquated D7000 since you're not using it anymore? ;)

Funny you should mention that, I've been thinking I should get it to someone who would use it. I've less than 500 actuations on it since Nikon replaced my entire shutter/mirror box (it was one of the oil leaking copies for which they replaced the mirror box), so it's essentially a brand new camera. Not only that but it comes with a battery grip and a glass LED scratch cover along with the original plastic cover. If you're interested I'd make you a great deal on it.

Funny you should mention that, I've been thinking I should get it to someone who would use it. I've less than 500 actuations on it since Nikon replaced my entire shutter/mirror box (it was one of the oil leaking copies for which they replaced the mirror box), so it's essentially a brand new camera. Not only that but it comes with a battery grip and a glass LED scratch cover along with the original plastic cover. If you're interested I'd make you a great deal on it.
Where were you 2 weeks ago when I was looking to buy a different camera and got this D90? :p LOL just kidding!