Help!!!

Eye-level

Banned
That is pretty cool. Your snaps are interesting, too. I would like to see some of the exif data from them, mainly to see what you are doing with white balance, and to see just how bright some of those beach type shots were. Chris, you need to start playing with white balance and filters. I like the idea of travel photography, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

christopher_d_rice

That is pretty cool. Your snaps are interesting too. I would like to see some of the exif data from your them mainly to see what you are doing with white balance and to see just how bright some of those beach type shots were. Chris you need to start playing with white balance and filters. I like the idea of travel photography for sure.

Thanks for checking out my site. As far as the exif data I can't access that since I edited the photos and saved them as pngs. The only thing I can tell you is I tried to give my photos the cross process effect.

Eye-level

Banned
Educate me on this cross process effect if you will please sir... :)

The only time I use pngs is if I am working with transparencies

Last edited:

christopher_d_rice

Educate me on this cross process effect if you will please sir... :)

The only time I use pngs is if I am working with transparencies

Cross process increases contrast with a sort unnatural color effect. At first I thought it gave off a strong emotional look but now it just seems a bit off. I just used pngs to increase the quality.

I don't like the "green tinge" on the photos.

Yeah now that I've seen the photos enough its sort of bothering me as well.

if i was a customer the "green tinge" would have me looking elsewhere. Whats "ist"?

I'll upload a bunch more unprocessed photos asap. I've just been putting this photography website piece by piece while learning WordPress and I guess I'm neglecting the most important things. IST stands for Information Science and Technology so basically everything having to do with computers and information systems, analysis and development.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Check out more photos at my website!
www.chrisrice.info

Dave_W

The Dude
You images have an artsy, slightly washed out old Polaroid feel to them. Is that what you were aiming for? If so, I like it.

Eye-level

Banned
OK damnit I'm lazy and I don't want to look up cross process effect will someone please tell me what the hell it is? LOL

I think it may have to do with making your snaps look like Holga snaps or something but that is just a guess...kids nowadays I mean to tell you... :)

wysiwyg

Costs processing was actually when a slide Film (E6 process)was processed in c41 colour negative film chemicals - giving it a weird and wonderful effect ! Each slide film had a different look depending on what colour chemicals are used - for example if it was procesed in Fuji chemicals yo would have got a more greenish blue tinge whereas Agfa usually gave you a reddish look ! But the beauty was that you never knew what you were gonna end up with.

nikonpup

ok damnit i'm lazy and i don't want to look up cross process effect will someone please tell me what the hell it is? Lol

i think it may have to do with making your snaps look like holga snaps or something but that is just a guess...kids nowadays i mean to tell you... :)
jeff, if you have picasa it has a cross processing effect which will give a green tint effect.

Eye-level

Banned
Yes I read a little about it last night it is like what was said above ^. Digital is a bit different though in that Xprocessing with digital is very predictable as opposed to the unpredictability involved when using film.

Redscale is sort of the same type of deal except you shoot through film that has been flipped over backwards so that you are exposing the red layer of emulsion first.

Last edited:

christopher_d_rice

I guess its not for the purest at heart. But thanks for your view.

if i was a customer the "green tinge" would have me looking elsewhere. Whats "ist"?

I've just been putting this photography website piece by piece while learning WordPress and I guess I'm not worried so much as to what photos I throw up at the moment. IST stands for Information Science and Technology so basically everything having to do with computers and information systems, analysis and development.

You images have an artsy, slightly washed out old Polaroid feel to them. Is that what you were aiming for? If so, I like it.

Thanks that's pretty much what I was going for. :D

Yes I read a little about it last night it is like what was said above ^. Digital is a bit different though in that Xprocessing with digital is very predictable as opposed to the unpredictability involved when using film.

Redscale is sort of the same type of deal except you shoot through film that has been flipped over backwards so that you are exposing the red layer of emulsion first.

Glad you cleared this up! :encouragement:

jeff, if you have picasa it has a cross processing effect which will give a green tint effect.

I've seen that on picasa. For me I used pixlr.com for my quick editing.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
Here is a photo I took in Door Country, WI a while back.
First link is the unedited and the second is edited. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Unedited | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Boats Docked | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

christopher_d_rice

I suppose its not for the everyone. I'm actual not liking it as much as before.

I've just been putting this photography website piece by piece while learning WordPress and I guess I haven't been too worried about the photos I throw up on the site. IST stands for Information Science and Technology so basically everything having to do with computers and information systems, analysis and development.

Hey thanks. That is pretty much what I was going for. :)

I've seen this in picasa. I used pixlr.com to quickly edit the photos this time.

I'm glad we got this cleared up! :D

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Now I would like to know what do you guys think of a photo I took in Door Country a while back. First link is the unedited version and second link is edited. Any thoughts are welcome. :)
Boats Docked | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Unedited | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

christopher_d_rice

IST stands for Information Science and Technology. Basically everything to do with computers, information systems, information architecture, etc

Yeah that's sorta what I was going for. Thanks!