Nikon 70-200f4 VR

Dave_W

The Dude
The lens looks nice and I'm sure it's spectacular, but not sure if $1400 is cheap enough to keep people from opting up to the f/2.8. I suppose it all depends upon the IQ the lens delivers.

bigal1000

The lens looks nice and I'm sure it's spectacular, but not sure if $1400 is cheap enough to keep people from opting up to the f/2.8. I suppose it all depends upon the IQ the lens delivers.

I have to agree on price,but I think it will a lighter weight alternative to the 2.8,when walking or backpacking only my 2 cents..

Rick M

The price is consistant with the rest of the f4 series, hopefully IQ matches the other two in the family of f4's. Looks like a nice prosumer option.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
The price is consistant with the rest of the f4 series, hopefully IQ matches the other two in the family of f4's. Looks like a nice prosumer option.

MTF chart from Nikon looks promising.

The Tripod colar is priced at $180 from Adorama.com. I think it is priced just right and a lot of enthusiast will be putting this on their wishlist. I'll buy it if I didn't have the VRII yet.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
$180 for the collar!!!, Lol, we can buy a complete tripod for less!

Better than $225 initially forecast from BH photo.

I must have been numbed with the high prices already since I call that reasonable. Tripod under $200 is questionable to me and would not trust it with my equipment.

Sambr

I have the other F4's 24-120VRF4 & 16-35VRF4 & 300mmF4 very good lens, however I will stick to 2.8 glass whenever possible.

Last edited:

pedroj

I have 2 of Nikons F4 lens the built like a tank AF 300mm ED & the 16-35mm...

I have the 80-200mm F2.8 so wont be buying this but would like to compare it to mine..

I'm sure the price will come down some

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I would like to see the Nikon 300mm f4 VRIII to come out soon. That's the only lens that I would like to include in my bag. Well, maybe add a macro lens but not essential for my use.

Sambr

I would like to see the Nikon 300mm f4 VRIII to come out soon. That's the only lens that I would like to include in my bag. Well, maybe add a macro lens but not essential for my use.

Now that would be great. I have been waiting for that lens for a long time.