Err when I turn it on??? Help?

CD7000

Hi there. I am noticing that there are times when I turn my D7000 on I get a Err on screen.... Lens is on, New SD cards, fully charged. Anyone have this issue? Thanks.

Tami Jo

Hmmmm could it be a lens err? Did you try removing the lens and remounting? I may be thinking of the wrong error...When mounting make sure to align the white dots and then turn until it clicks into place. If it doesn't click it's not mounted correctly. Also be sure and check the aperture ring is in the correct position on the lens. It should be locked. Hope this helps. I am sure others will be able to give you more insight.

Last edited:

fotojack

What lens are you using with your camera? That may be part of the problem. The lens contacts may be dirty, too. You can use rubbing alcohol to clean them with a Q-Tip.

Thi fault is usually associated with the SD card so clean the SD contacts as well and fit two cards set to duplicate your shots. I always have one 16gb in top slot and never remove it only changing the lower one. I use Sandisk extreeeme but have never had problems with lesser cards

Last edited:

CD7000

Thank you all for the info. I have checked out and cleaned my lens (Using a 50mm 1.4 & 15-200) & Changed out the SD cards. Occasionally shows "Err" still, but not as much. I also read up about a firmware update??? Has anyone read this from Nikon. My local camera shop was not aware of the Nikon recommendation to upgrade..

yes do the upgrade ..its easy if you can follow instructions .
You found one camera shop to avoid unless they have the cheapest deal.

you will find he upgrade at www.nikonusa.com under support . Check your current version in the menu

CD7000

Hey TJ. As soon as I get home I am going to get that done for sure. I'll post a confirmation. What is your firmware version??

Tami Jo

I am current I believe last time I checked anyway. Make sure you need the update before updating. Compare what your camera has versus Nikon site. I wish I could go grab my camera and check but I can't at the moment. Follow Nikon's directions and if you are concerned you might do it incorrectly your local Nikon shop can do it for you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2