If you have 81k you don't want, you can pick this up......

stmv

wow,, bid is at 50K and still not at the reserve! crazy..

These fisheyes are funky lens. I waited and waited, and managed to get the 8mm 2.8 for 800 dollars (it had a damage on the lens cover edge, nothing else.

these are very fun lens, produce images that most people do not really like, or distortions that are more carnival like. but sometimes, fun to play with.

so,, between 800-1500 dollars can often land a clean 8mm lens (makes sure it is the later design that works well with the current cameras) .

but to go beyound 8mm is little gain huge huge expense,, can you imagine even going out with this lens, one bump... and there goes your investment.

mashburn

what is JD? sorry I am just learning the lingo to photography. I am brand new at all this. I just got a D7000 and I am wondering what the point of ISO is. I finally understand F and the timing for the bulb......but it still confuses me on how long I need to depress it. for some reason I shot at 100 ISO and can put my F around 6 and it comes out grainy. really confused on this. I thought being under 800 would rarely cause this unless shotting in low/no light.

Eye-level

Banned
ISO is your film speed... :) 100 for daylight 800 for night or 1600 for night...you can "push" it too but that is way beyond where you are...hang in there you will learn what it all means...drink a bunch of Jack Daniels whiskey and your photos will either be classic or out of focus (OOF)...haha

Don't worry about fish eyes that cost 81 thousand...that is for rich collectors...but man the DOF you can get from them is incredible...

Last edited:

fotojack

ISO is the sensitivity to light on the sensor. All three factors must be in sync to produce acceptable pictures (ISO - Aperture - Shutter).

Lots of light, whether natural or artificial = low ISO

Low light or darkness = high ISO

If the subject moves = Shutter Priority

If the subject is static (does not move) = Aperture Priority.

Balance those two factors with the appropriate ISO

Hope this simplified explanation helps you out while you're learning. :)